StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
For me, the scale is as follows:
  • low - $2 - $4
  • medium - $5-10
  • high - $10+
This is largely based on a number of Tatuajes, My Fathers, RoMa craft, and a few others which are also often found in that $5-$10 range and are quite enjoyable. I consider anything over $10 to be in the high range, and don't honestly find nearly as much difference between a $15 and $35 cigar as I do between a $5 cigar and a $15 cigar, but that may be my own palate.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
My post wasn't based on opinion, it is physically impossible to make a truly top shelf cigar at a profit point that allows for sustainable consistency for less than $12 retail in today's market. And regretfully this is becoming the bottom side of the cost to price window given current inflationary pressures.

Can you make a good cigar for less? Yes, but not one the caliber of Opus, Liga, Padron Annis or the like consistently.

Anyone that thinks differently doesn't know enough about tobacco, factory operations, and/or the cigar business.

Mistaforty's interpretation of my original post is correct.

BR,

STS
I'm just missing the wisdom you are conveying, I am in no way, shape or form an expert and I respect your professional opinion, I guess I just am not understanding your concepts. I get that the best tobaccos are chosen for the best cigars per manufacturer and that they are going to put the best rollers to task on rolling said cigars. I'm simply using my palette and smoking experience as my guide. I've had incredible experiences, consistently with sub 12 dollar cigars. Conversly, I've had sub par experiences with blends in the 12+ range and it seems more often than not. Maybe it's the longevity of the blend and the ability of the company to sustain its production which is the point you're trying to make?

Sorry I meant to quote with this post.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm just missing the wisdom you are conveying, I am in no way, shape or form an expert and I respect your professional opinion, I guess I just am not understanding your concepts. I get that the best tobaccos are chosen for the best cigars per manufacturer and that they are going to put the best rollers to task on rolling said cigars. I'm simply using my palette and smoking experience as my guide. I've had incredible experiences, consistently with sub 12 dollar cigars. Conversly, I've had sub par experiences with blends in the 12+ range and it seems more often than not. Maybe it's the longevity of the blend and the ability of the company to sustain its production which is the point you're trying to make?

Sorry I meant to quote with this post.
You're giving your opinion of the smoke in relation to the costs. He's just saying that as a matter of fact, a certain caliber of tobacco with a certain amount of quality control with tobacco from certain places can't be made below a certain price point because of the costs associated with production. Now whether or not that stick is better than a machine rolled short filler to the individual IS opinion as you said.

A davidoff or Padron will cost what it cost because of what goes into making it. You still may not like it but that won't change what it cost to make. Doesn't mean a lesser expensive stick can't be as good or better to someone but it just cant be made the same way with the Same processes quality control and materials lesser expensively lol