What's new

WhEn does the rg increase stop?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
You'd be surprised at the times I've heard "that's a great price for a ____ gauge cigar. Good value for the money." Fill in any thicker rg in the blank.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I keep Nubs around for my buddies, mostly. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of them just like big, thick things in their mouth...

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
You know it will end when people stop buying them. Well i heard once in a cigar lounge that a guy liked them cause he cuts them in half and gets two cigars for the price of one. To each his own my hope is that this will cause a price drop on all those smaller rg that have fallen out of favor.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
"If all goes according to plan, the cigars will reach shops in July, before the summer trade show. They are expected to retail for around $9 to $11 per cigar."

And the stores can keep every freaking one of them.

I don't get it...as I sit around the shop, I have never once heard someone say "damn I wish I had a 64 RG cigar". Quite the opposite....we wish our favorite manufacturers would blend down into smaller and smaller RG's.

Don't do it Ernie!

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
"If all goes according to plan, the cigars will reach shops in July, before the summer trade show. They are expected to retail for around $9 to $11 per cigar."

And the stores can keep every freaking one of them.

I don't get it...as I sit around the shop, I have never once heard someone say "damn I wish I had a 64 RG cigar". Quite the opposite....we wish our favorite manufacturers would blend down into smaller and smaller RG's.

Don't do it Ernie!

I preface this buy saying i completely agree with the majority here on this, however, I had the pleasure of smoking one of these with EPC in the DR last month. When he offered, I along with the other 2 fellas we were with, politely declined. He insisted, and i have to tell you that the flavor of the cigar was outstanding. It was one of those cigars that I couldnt compare to anything I had smoked previously. It was at this point, that I started begging him to make it in a 46. Anyways, I asked the obvious questions regarding why so big? and he replied with the usual "this is what the people are asking for" but he added another tid bit that cannot be over looked......He likes the larger ring gauges himself. So, ultimately i walked away from that meet up with a little more respect for the guy. He's making what he likes....hard to fault him for that.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Did you guys see our poll? Interesting CI.com, CA, and many others sell so much 60+ RG, yet us, this small market segment, prefers 54 to lower (specifically from 44 to 48). Really interesting facts.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The 60+ RG must just by for the "special" people... How could you taste the wrapper with ALL of that filler? Your losing the best part IMHO.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to like 60 RG cigars when I first starting really getting into cigars about 5 years ago. I used to be amazed that I could get 6x60s off cigarbid for $3-$4. I liked the amount of smoke they produced and the fact that I could smoke them for 2+ hours. But, alas, things change. I rarely smoke anything above 50 these days and I have come to appreciate 42-46 RG cigars because of the intensity of flavor from the wrapper/filler ratio.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Large cigars were very common with the custom rollers in Havana so this has spread beyond just the US. In fact one of my favourite cigars of all time, Yolanda's laguito #2 she had stopped making as everyone wanted robusto or bigger. At the Conde Villa Neuva they had a cigar they called the Top Ten. I called it the Donkey Dong no way that thing was making its way into my mouth. Must have been close to the 10" long and 70+ rg. They make what people want and people and people want big cigars.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I generally prefer 50+\- RG. But, I've been loving some of the bigger cigars that are coming out. MUWAT is an obvious one. I also bought a box of Casa Magna in the super toro (56 I think) because it was amazingly good.

So while I prefer a good robusto, CG or Churchill a good tasting cigar is just that... No matter what the size.

But, yeah... Not going 64.. Just ridiculous. But I'll try the 60.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
When Ernesto was at Drapers Bethesda giving a talk, I asked him if he would make a lancero. Half the guys in the room raised their hands and said they'd buy it. I get that there's demand for the huge rg cigars, but there's also demand for at least a small run of long and skinnies I bet! Wish we were also seeing a release of something skinny.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When Ernesto was at Drapers Bethesda giving a talk, I asked him if he would make a lancero. Half the guys in the room raised their hands and said they'd buy it. I get that there's demand for the huge rg cigars, but there's also demand for at least a small run of long and skinnies I bet! Wish we were also seeing a release of something skinny.
As large of a fan of the vitolas as I am, it really doesn't sell outside of a tiny group of people. I think the 107 Lancero proves that even when you make a Lancero that is under $8, they can't sell realistically north of 500 boxes in the U.S. market, particularly because people keep making Lanceros that don't sell very well.

The notable exception as of now is the L40, but one has to wonder how different things would be if either they were in stock more or the rest of Liga Privada was consistently available.