What's new

When you knew things were different after starting to puff?

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I was attending a conference today at a hospital that wasn't in the best neighborhood. I didn't want to carry everything with me so I put my Timbuk2 bag in the trunk. This no no biggie, right? What was different was my thought process. Despite my bag having a 2K+ Macbook Pro in it, my thought was "damn, I have a ton of cigars in this bag, I better put it in the trunk."

I was thinking about the sticks more than my computer and all the work on it. Truth be told, if I lost that computer, it would be devastating. But I was thinking of the Viaje DES I have never smoked that was in the bad with a lot of other smokes.

I am curious to hear about anybody else's "ah-ha" moments like this.

Here's my locker, which originally had just two boxes in it.

They are not box purchases. They are separated by brand and flavor. For instance, Viaje is ALL Tatuaje. #9 Pig box is ALL S&Bs. Dirty Rat and PCR box are box purchases. Oliva box all Illusione and high-end medium. Illusione box mid-priced sticks. There is also a coffin of My Father Limitada and botl of Knob Creek behind PCR and Illusione box.

Where do I put the T52 Pigs? :crosseyed

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
When I was up 'til 3am thinking about the box purchase I should have jumped on earlier in the day.

That's when I knew things were different!! :)

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"There is also a coffin of My Father Limitada and botl of Knob Creek behind PCR and Illusione box."

Ah-Ha....I never thought about keeping the good liquor with the good cigars...Ah-Ha.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
"There is also a coffin of My Father Limitada and botl of Knob Creek behind PCR and Illusione box."

Ah-Ha....I never thought about keeping the good liquor with the good cigars...Ah-Ha.

That's the way I roll Cap'n!

Did I mention I have a bottle of Glenmorangie 12yr Port Cask-aged malt in the kitchen? :yes:

If I ever get snowed in, I will be happy! :music:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When I realized that I was spending more time here and at wade's than actually smoking, lol!

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
The moment I realized this obsession had gone too far was just this week:
After watching The Walking Dead, I was thinking of what I would do in the case of a zombie outbreak and I instantly thought of grabbing my cigars before leaving the house to head for the hills.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The moment I realized this obsession had gone too far was just this week:
After watching The Walking Dead, I was thinking of what I would do in the case of a zombie outbreak and I instantly thought of grabbing my cigars before leaving the house to head for the hills.
That's awesome. :yes:

CBC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 22 year old johnny walker is resting right next to my precious sticks. it's quite appropriate. u need backup, man. what would don osvaldo do?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good thread:agreeclen

I recently moved to a nearby town. We rented a large van, packed our household goods in the van, drove to our new apartment, and unpacked in our new apartment. We made a couple trips of course. I refused to put my humidors with cigars in the van. I packed them in the car and strapped the seatbelt around them leaving no room for my girlfriend and made her ride in the cramped van. Being the incredible woman she is, she understood my passion about my cigars and took it all in stride.

Speaking of "in case of a fire".....In our new apartment, I built a cigar lounge on the 2nd floor and bought a large cabinet humidor to consolidate all of my humidors into one cabinet. I placed it directly next to the window and measured the window and humidor cabinet to see if the cabinet humidor would fit through the window "in case of a fire".

Sick, I tell ya, sick....:dunno:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Holy Chit...That's sounds like a damn good stash!! I really enjoy the T-52 Toro's over the rest (note to self...I need to buy more) anyways I feel a bit guilty at times with my stash as well. My wife asked what would I do if we ever had a fire. I said well the guns go out the window first then my cigars. She said what about her, the boys, and the pets? I said you guys better help me!! :stretchgr...:hysterica

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Weve all been here,
but when my humi was packed full - overflowing almost, could barely close the lids on my boxes in my humi and barely close the top of my backup humi!
No room I tells ya!

Then I went and ordered a box of LFD Air Benders cuz I got a good deal!

These cigars werent in my short list of next box purchases! But I grabbe them anyway! Hey there were a good deal right??

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
When you are going through a tetris exercise in your mind so you can fit one or two more boxes in the coolador.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
When I realized exactly how much time I spend on BOTL in a day and then realized it's almost as much time as I spend at work :cbig:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
... When 80% of your incoming spam is cigar-related and you still refuse to delete any unless you read each one. :hanghead: