What's new

Where are you on tipping?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm flying up to WA next weekend for my mom's bday. My sis told me the spot we are taking her out for dinner and I checked out the menu.

They have a 20% service charge on all checks, 100% of which goes to the server. Then they also say that tipping is no expected but appreciated. On the same page they mention how well they pay their servers... At this rate, we are all going be shelling out more for the tip than the meal before long.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you go someplace nice tipping can be close to the cost of the meal

You should tip

the bartender if you have a drink while waiting to be seated
the Maitre d if you have a special request for your table
the Sommelier if he helps you select a bottle of wine
then there is the waiter, his/her assistants and the bartender again if you order drinks
lets not forget the valet if you don't park yourself

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If you go someplace nice tipping can be close to the cost of the meal

You should tip

the bartender if you have a drink while waiting to be seated
the Maitre d if you have a special request for your table
the Sommelier if he helps you select a bottle of wine
then there is the waiter, his/her assistants and the bartender again if you order drinks
lets not forget the valet if you don't park yourself
At that point I'll just stay home and make my own dinner.

And what about the cooks and people in the kitchen??? Cooking takes more effort than anything the rest of those people are doing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't mind tipping despite the impression my last comment might have given. I even throw on a tip at Jersey Mike's when I order a hot sandwich.

I ate at a place that added 18% to the bill and had the nerve to say, extra gratuity is appreciated by the rest of our staff. Bro, you just clipped me for $150 on three people with no alcohol. You figure out how to pay the staff.

Now, I had a great waitress while eating lunch withy wife last week. I left $20 on a $58 tab.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We gave the Europeans and Japanese Baseball. I can't think of many traditional sports that came back with the GIs. Maybe soccer?

Oh, I forgot -Sumo- but the only time I get to watch that is when my wife and I have sex in the mirror room!