What's new

Where to start on my neat scotch journey ?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Unfortunately these bottles have meet their demise lol not sure what to try next might go Talisker 10 maybe the suntory Yamasaki or hibiki if I can find it

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OUr tastes tend to be personal....when I looked for certain types of libations I went to the big box liquor stores where they have the airplane sized bottles...for $2 you can buy a dozen and try them out...take notes and choose YOUR favorite instead of having us tell you what to choose. Last time I checked it was my taste buds that told me what I liked.
that's a great idea

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll weigh in on the whole "adding water" to your otherwise neat whisky. All whiskies come out of their aging barrels at what's called "cask strength". This can be anywhere from 109 to 130 proof depending on lots of factors. How does the distiller get it to market at 80 proof? Anybody? Somebody? Yes, you in back what's that..."they add water"! So if you want to add a few drops to "break" the whisky, by all means do it without regret cuz somebody already did that. Unless of course you're drinking cash strength whisky, which is getting harder to find.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well after ploughing through many a bottle (currently enjoying n I k k a ) and trying with ice or a splash of filtered water + mixers and even cocktails (whisky sour and a traditional are great ! ) It's fair to say It's been a boozy 6 months hahaha appreciate the help and advice from you all .

So it's a week from Christmas and I've just splurged on a Coro 5er ( self gifted of course ) and knowing I have a $100 gift card at dan Murphy's grog shop en route I'm thinking of adding $50-$100 to it and getting a kick ass bottle of single malt !!

The short list is :
balvennie 17 yr double wood
Balvennie 14 yr carribean cask
Glenlivet 18 yr
Glenmorangie 18 yr
Aberlour 16 yr dbl wood

These are all $100-$150 aud what can anyone suggest $150-$200 ? Range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Stay in lower range and get the Glenmorangie 18. One of my faves.
Yeh yeh , few ppl have said that recently. That and the bal 17 is where I'm heading . In saying that just trying to get that good special occasion bottle whilst I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk