What's new

Which cigar didn't live up to your expectations in 2015?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Every once in a while there is a cigar that I am anxious to get my hands on but it turns out that it doesn't meet the high expectations that I had for it. For me in 2015 that cigar was the L'Atelier Cote D'Or. I am a real L'at whore and was so anxious to buy a box of these. As it turns out I am glad that there were only 10 in a box. What about you brothers?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Those white owl grapes I bought turned out to be shit! Hated em!

:)

Honestly 2015 was a good year for me in cigar land.. I was a little underwhelmed by a few things.. But didn't pay hard earned cash for anything this year that I thought outright sucked.. Most was anywhere from "ok" to flat out "outstanding"...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Father Le Bijou 1922 in Churchill. Horribly made cigar. 7 cigars out of 7 had terrible burn issues, kept going out, needed multiple relights and constantly had to be babysat. Couldn't even get all the way through the last third. Such a let down for a cigar made by My Father. And don't get me started on the CA list...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Caldwell LLTK, and... my first FFOX.

I've since smoked some FFOXAS that were much better, and the Anejo is fantastic - but my first FFOX (robusto) wasn't much for me other than a nic bomb.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
RASS. I used to like them. Lost the taste for them, I guess. Had a few from several different years this year trying to see if it was a particular box, but I didn't enjoy any of them. Sold the dozen or so I had and washed my hands of them.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
There were a couple for me. The LFD La Nox just did nothing for me and I was hoping for so much more. I was also let down by the Padron Damaso. Try as I might, I just could not get with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked the la nox agree with the damaso. Connies might not be in the Padron wheelhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm sure I'll catch flame for this, but oh well

Biggest disappointment for me in 2015 was Sobremesa. Such high hopes, but lord was it disgusting. Twice.

Second letdown was Padron Damaso.

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Tatuaje TAA 2015 ... They are the worst tatuaje I've ever had. I had high hopes of them being great upon release. But they are straight garbage ... At the moment.
Can't agree more here. I was kicking myself for not buying a box but after I had a couple I was glad I missed out. This was by far my biggest letdown of 2015. I also read rave reviews for the leaf by Oscar. I thought that they were aweful as well.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Can't agree more here. I was kicking myself for not buying a box but after I had a couple I was glad I missed out. This was by far my biggest letdown of 2015. I also read rave reviews for the leaf by Oscar. I thought that they were aweful as well.
I'd rather go back to chewing Levi Garett by the bag before smoking another leaf by oscar. :)