What's new

Which cigar didn't live up to your expectations in 2015?

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'm sure I'll catch flame for this, but oh well

Biggest disappointment for me in 2015 was Sobremesa. Such high hopes, but lord was it disgusting. Twice.

Second letdown was Padron Damaso.
Try it in a larger Vitola (Sobremesa). I was very disappointed in the Cervantes Fino but then had the American and it was excellent

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Las Calaveras 2015. The LC 2014 was one of my all time favorites and the 2015 just did not do it for me. I do love the La Imperiosa.
The LC 2014 is now the La Imp so that may explain some things! I love the La Imperiosa, it had became a definite box purchase for me.

This year I was disappointed by the Padron Damaso. I like everything else I have smoked from Padron. My second let down was the El Gueguense. I saw many of you posting pics so I grabbed on from a local b&m and was not impressed. It required lots of touch ups and a relight or two. Next time I'm in Houston, I will grab another one or two just to make sure...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Padron Damaso smoked 2, El Gueguense had 6, and the Last Tsar only 1 and don't need another. Most other releases I've had have been good to great so not bad for 2015.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I unfortunately didn't enjoy these smokes after multiple attempts, and were let downs for me (cigars released in 2015)
Sobremesa was... okay.. (tried all sizes)
AJF New world conni (bitter bitter bitter)
AJF enclave
balmoral anejo xo (hay and urine anyone?)
blood medicine
cream machine
Davidoff escuro
Warped don Reynaldo (/shiver)
My father LE 2015 5th anni
Room 101 johnny tobaconaut
Tatuaje hyde

source:
http://halfwheel.com/2015-new-cigars

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I unfortunately didn't enjoy these smokes after multiple attempts, and were let downs for me (cigars released in 2015)
Sobremesa was... okay.. (tried all sizes)
AJF New world conni (bitter bitter bitter)
AJF enclave
balmoral anejo xo (hay and urine anyone?)
blood medicine
cream machine
Davidoff escuro
Warped don Reynaldo (/shiver)
My father LE 2015 5th anni
Room 101 johnny tobaconaut
Tatuaje hyde

source:
http://halfwheel.com/2015-new-cigars
Oh I forgot the Hyde and the Escuro should also be on my list. Thanks for reminding me of those

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Tatuaje Jackal, for me. Very uninspiring for my preferences.
I'll take em from yah of you have any extras lol.

As this was my first year smoking cigars pretty much everything was a first for me. So far I'd have to say that I ha sent encountered any truly unsmokable cigars...tat pudgy drac is up there. Hated that stick. Also not a fan of the LFD I had. Was just a ligero I think. All the releases from this year that I've tried have been tastey but the worst for me actually released in 2015 was prolly blind man's bluff. Did not enjoy that fellah

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Didn't care for the Tatuaje Jackyl or the Room 101 Master Collection 3. I'm sure the Jackyl will be better with a few more months on it. Didn't care much for the Tat Rumbo either. Might need to revisit both of those.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
As some of you mentioned already the Padron Damaso was a let down for me this year. I had high expectations for them and couldn't wait to get my hands on a few when I got the e-mail that my local b&m got some in stock. But I don't think the CT wrapper is for them. I give them credit for stepping out and trying something different. It didn't impress me though and the price was high. But I expected it.

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nomad S-307, the only thing I could taste was pepper. I like pepper, I just don't like it to be THAT overwhelming.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Tries a few leaf by Oscar but not for me.
Tried the PSD4 not for me....
A white lable tat, not sure what it was but didn't burn good at all.
And several cheap sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but my gosh, one can buy $50 cigars for less than 10% of MSRP.
I was always told if you stuff 10lbs of shit in 5lb bag and wrap with Lilly's it still is shit!
Remember the old saying "that little white speck on top of the chicken shit is still chicken shit" I am referring to Gurkha by the way!!
I have tried at least 10 different Gurkha's they have all been DOG ROCKETS. No exceptions!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Leaf by Oscar (all of them), Ratzilla, 2015 Las Calaveras, Viaje Jalapeno, Nat Sherman Timeless are the ones I remember smoking and wishing I picked something else.