What's new

Which cigar magazine?

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I know Sheep likes Cigar Magazine because it has less of the lifestyle stuff as CA and more of the cigar stuff. The only part of CA I like is the short review of the cigars. Their ratings are hogwash, though.

In the end, I think mine is the CI brochure.:bigeyes:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like ECCJ.

Its the only one published today about cigars.

Not vacations and cars that no one can afford.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll second European Cigar Cult Journal. The only problem is that much of the news included in there has already been public knowledge for a while. But I guess that's how it goes in the internet age for print magazines.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Never seen a ECCJ, but heard they were good. I like Cigar Mag., but only seen a few. Personally I read CA even though I think the ratings aren't always accurate (but really who's is? Everyone has different taste). I like the reviews and the lifestyle stuff.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i get CA (was a christmas gift) I like SOME of the articles and some of the reviews. the lifestyle portion is a little over my head, and I think always will be.

I've heard good things about ECCJ, and would be interested in checking one out.

anyone have any old issues?? maybe we can set up a trade?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm too redneck to like most of CA....but the parts about cigars I actually do enjoy.

Cigar Magazine is geared a bit more to the "average" cigar smoker, I think.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like CM a lot. I love the articles - they are written to the 'everyday' smoker. I like how there isn't any pretention to their magazine. Plus I love Tommy Z.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I get CA. It was something I ordered right when I began smoking cigars and have kept up the subscription. I wish they wouldn't ALWAYS have an article about golf, and another about gambling (poker, vegas, etc). I enjoy golf and cards, but don't need info in my cigar mag about them.

I recently got into ECCJ, and tend to prefer its cigar info over CA- however, they tend to review sticks you don't find in the states, but the format and writing is great.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I would love to have a look at ECCJ. Only problem is I hear bad things about their delivery system. Once they get it straightened out, I'll be eager to get a subscription. For some reason I love to look at the CA ratings even though I know they're full of shit. Probably my fav so far is CM. :grin:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I like Fine Woodworking. The reason is because they don't tell me why I shouldn't like a cigar that I do, and why I should love a cigar that I don't. No pics of hot chicks smokin' though.