What's new

Which cigar magazine?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
None currently. I get lots of info hear and elsewhere. Did subscribe to CA for one year when they offered a 10 stick sampler. Found it too hoity-toity for my liking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get Cigar Mag by sub; dropped CA because I don't like being talked down to.
never read eccj :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a sub to CA because when I started it was the only cigar mag I knew. I enjoy their industry related stories and interviews. I have learned a lot about the different names in the cigar business and the differences between who grows it and who makes them. Their lifestyle pieces are a little over the top.

I was under the impression that CM was the mouthpiece for JR Cigars. Is this true?

I have picked up Smoke at my b&m and have liked it but have not gotten a sub yet.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
What did he do???
DITTO! Don't leave us hangin on this. :razz:
CA used to be a really good board with very knowledgeable people on it. Over the years it became a fragmented, hostile environment. Savona was the head admin guy; he tried to calm things down by comments in threads and then time outs to offending posters. He handed out a two-week time out to a pretty good guy for foul language directed at someone else and threatened everyone else. My question asked him if "a couple of hours in the corner" wouldn't have been more appropriate. When I tried to log on next I got a little dialog box stating, "Obviously you aren't happy here and maybe you will be happier on another board". I emailed him asking WTF (I might not have abbreviated) and how long this was going to last, the one word reply was "FOREVER". Hence the "DEATH" sentence. This was right around the time he was taking boxing lessons and they must have went to his head. The board was a mere shell of it's old self anyhow.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
CA used to be a really good board with very knowledgeable people on it. Over the years it became a fragmented, hostile environment. Savona was the head admin guy; he tried to calm things down by comments in threads and then time outs to offending posters. He handed out a two-week time out to a pretty good guy for foul language directed at someone else and threatened everyone else. My question asked him if "a couple of hours in the corner" wouldn't have been more appropriate. When I tried to log on next I got a little dialog box stating, "Obviously you aren't happy here and maybe you will be happier on another board". I emailed him asking WTF (I might not have abbreviated) and how long this was going to last, the one word reply was "FOREVER". Hence the "DEATH" sentence. This was right around the time he was taking boxing lessons and they must have went to his head. The board was a mere shell of it's old self anyhow.

Wow. Your THAT guy!