What's new

Which cigar(s) exemplify leather taste?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Being a new botl with an unrefined palate, I was curious to know which cigars have a predominant "leather" flavor? Maybe I can smoke some and discover what everyone is talking about when they say it tastes like leather. Thanks.

Ron
:ninja:

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
I have found that many Maduros from ITC and Perdomo sport a nice leather taste...a good number of darker maduros will have this flavor as well. Esp. if the fillers are aged for a long time at the factory...my fellow botl may correct me if im wrong, but thats my $.02

Hope ya find what youre looking for man...best of luck!

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I always get leather out of an Ashton VSG, Illlusione 88, Oliva V and Liga Privada to name a few.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah opus is a good one. Ecuadorian habano wrappers also give of a good leathery flavor.

Bit if you really just want to taste leather and only leather try a partagas spanish rosado.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I think you will find that earthy and lether go hand in hand. My pallet is not that refined and I've been smoking cigars for a long time. However I do find Brown Tats and DPG I find to have this distinct flavor.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I think you will find that earthy and lether go hand in hand. My pallet is not that refined and I've been smoking cigars for a long time. However I do find Brown Tats and DPG I find to have this distinct flavor.
My feelings the same on the Brown Tats and DPG (to me a wonderful pepper/spice taste also). My taste buds are no where near a lot of folks are on here. But the leather taste that folks refer to a lot is more of and earthy taste to me. But like one has already stated I find the maduro's along that line of taste.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
i still can't identify "leather" either... might have to take one for the team and buy some cheap leather from the fabric store and chew on it.... maybe then i can have an "ah ha" moment....

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
The most prominent hints of leather for me have come from a Punch Rare Corojo, a La Flor Dominicana Reserva Especial and a Joya De Nicaragua Celebracion. There were probably several others before I knew that the flavors could be so mixed and broad.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
La Aroma De Cuba EE. Probably the tamest version of ecuadorian sun-grown wrapper I've ever come across, and with the pepper at the far back, the leather really shines!

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
La Aroma De Cuba EE. Probably the tamest version of ecuadorian sun-grown wrapper I've ever come across, and with the pepper at the far back, the leather really shines!
To me that stick was really really chocolate-cocoa flavored, more than any other I've smoked. It didn't make me think of leather though. I need to have another.