What's new

Which construction issue bugs you the most?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Tight Draw for the win. I gotta agree that is a major bummer. Of course I smoke at home most of the time so I have a home made draw tool handy if needed, other wise that would be my number 1. If traveling, I cut 'em and do a test draw before packing.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Tight draw as well but besides that a major pet peeve of mine is bands put on to tight, or with so much glue they stick to the wrapper.

I know Rh can affect that but I store my cigars 67-65% Rh no reason a band should not easily slide on and off. I've stopped smoking brands that consistently glue their bands to their cigars.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Loose draw. I can sometimes work out a tight draw, but a loose draw - the stick gets chucked within the first inch. I dont want to suck air.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The fucking caps on Drew Estates Ligas, they completely pop off all the fucking time and then they are a complete management hassle.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tight draw...but I have a great draw tool to fix that. If the wrapper starts to unravel I use the band to keep it from unraveling more. #CigarMacgyver.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm definitely in the "tight draw" group.. but... for some reason that doesn't seem to happen to me nearly as often as it does others... in all of the years Ive been smoking.. Ive maybe had a handful that were so tight they just weren't worth smoking.. the rest were pretty easily fixed by an additional cut, or by gently rolling the cigar in my palm, or the use of an improvised tool..

wrappers coming apart seem to happen to me more often.. I experience that 3-4 times a year it seems.. (just had it happen again last week...).... Ive got some pectin on hand.. but honestly, I'm usually too lazy to get up and try to fix a wrapper.. and will typically just try to keep it under control the best I can, and smoke through it..

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
None.

There is no construction issue that bothers me. Wrapper starts to unravel I toss it, 99% of the time it was my fault because of a bad cut.

Bad burn... I touch it up and dont even think twice about it. Ive never had a burn that ruined my smoking experience.

Wrapper Split... I toss it and grab another one. If it was my last one, oh well, I am pretty sure that the previous 20-24 of them were good.

Tight Draw.... If the cigar you are smoking is "tight" let me ask you this... Hows the flavor? After all, dont we smoke a cigar for its flavor? Dont we base our buying on reviews of the flavor of a cigar? I once smoked a Johhny O that the draw was so tight it was like sucking a frozen milk shake through a coffee stirrer, there was little smoke, but the flavor.... I to this day I rank that cigar in the top 5 of the most flavorful cigars I have ever smoked in my life. I enjoyed every second of that cigar after I decided to not care about the plume of smoke that we all enjoy to blow out that was not there, and just taste the flavors. Ever since that moment, I have never cared about the smoke out put, all I care about is flavor.

Cant keep it lit. Again, most times thats my fault. Im talking, doing something, just not paying attention to the cigar. I relight and go on my way. If the cigar tastes like crap after relight, yup, I toss it, was my fault for letting it go out.

When I read reviews, the one part of the review I always ignore is the construction, same as when I read the review of a restaurant... I really dont care that the food was not plated "properly". How did it taste? I am paying for food that tastes good, not because of how fancy it was put on the plate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely have draw or tunneling problems, since I keep my sticks relatively dry, at 62-65% rh, but...I do hate it when they split or unravel. Again, this doesn't happen very often, but it is a more frequent occurrence than anything else...

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Tar, then a very close second, tight draw. I lose patience quickly when I have clean tar off the end!