What's new

Which Padron is Best?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It's really going to depend on why you don't want the maduro. Are you looking for something less sweet? More pepper?

I LOVED the 80th, in both natural and maduro. Especially maduro. But if you want under $15, I'd say look at the 1926 No. 9. Natural.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Family Reserve 44 Natural. They aren't less than $15, but they are by FAR the best Padron IMHO. The members of the family personally sign each box that goes out. They taste different than all the other Padrons, and I've had just about all of the 1926, 1964, and most of the Family Reserve as well. I prefer the natural wrappers, whereas a lot of folks prefer the maduro. The 1926 #9 is a very good recommendation as well, but you won't find it anywhere for $15 unless you luck out in an auction.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMO, every Padron I have had is wonderful. While TxAggie9307 and I were on a dove hunt this year, had a maduro in the thousands series (or dark natural - not sure) in the morning with a cup of coffee - and it was one of the better cigars I've had (setting didn't hurt either I reckon). I may not have the palette some of you dudes have, but IMO buy any Padron and let it rest in your humidor for at least a month, and it'll be golden.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Family Reserve 44 Natural. They aren't less than $15, but they are by FAR the best Padron IMHO. The members of the family personally sign each box that goes out. They taste different than all the other Padrons, and I've had just about all of the 1926, 1964, and most of the Family Reserve as well. I prefer the natural wrappers, whereas a lot of folks prefer the maduro. The 1926 #9 is a very good recommendation as well, but you won't find it anywhere for $15 unless you luck out in an auction.
The Family Reserve 44 Natural is a cigar I dream about trying. I just want to come across one at a decent price for a single

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've only bought them by the box of ten over at the Cigarauctioneer site. They usually go at a decent discount off of retail, but they're still a lot. This is one cigar that IMHO is WORTH the $. Its ten year old tobacco, and is head and shoulders above just about everything I've ever smoked, which in the small amount of time I've been smoking is a lot. Bit the bullet, and get one at your local B&M. Be careful though...you will want more!! :)

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I've only bought them by the box of ten over at the Cigarauctioneer site. They usually go at a decent discount off of retail, but they're still a lot. This is one cigar that IMHO is WORTH the $. Its ten year old tobacco, and is head and shoulders above just about everything I've ever smoked, which in the small amount of time I've been smoking is a lot. Bit the bullet, and get one at your local B&M. Be careful though...you will want more!! :)

Not worth the 75% tax haha.