What's new

Which Regular Tat Equals the TAA?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I thought the 2014 TAA was superb. Definitely among the better Tatuaje's I've had. But, if you're looking for something easier to find, my favorite is the Noellas Reserva. Much smaller than the TAA, but similar flavor profile (IMO). The J21 was also similar. Someone who knows more might be able to confirm, but I'm wondering the the Noellas Reserve and J21 Reserve are the same blend, just different sizes.

Then again, I don't think I've had a tat that I didn't like.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
My understanding is the Reserve line is all the same blend in different sizes with the exception of the J21, which has a different wrapper. I believe it's the same wrapper as the Cojonu line.
As to the the question of the OP, I'm completely useless as I've never had one. Sorry.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
It gets a bit confusing with the Reserves. The Noella Reserva and the Regios Reserva are just the Brown label blend with a CT Broadleaf wrapper (Same wrapper as the 11, 12, 14 TAA, different blend).

The Cojonu uses a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper, I believe, with the Cojonu 2012 also offered with Sumatra and Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers. The Cojonu is a ramped up version of the Brown Label blend.

The J21 is also a ramped up Brown Label blend that uses a higher priming Nicaraguan ligero wrapper.

The TAA is a ramped up Brown Label blend with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper with similar cigars being the Tatuaje Barclay Rex, Tatuaje T110 and Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin.

It is most similar IMO to the J21 in flavor, but I could see where some may say the Cojonu 2012 Broadleaf is close as well.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
It gets a bit confusing with the Reserves. The Noella Reserva and the Regios Reserva are just the Brown label blend with a CT Broadleaf wrapper (Same wrapper as the 11, 12, 14 TAA, different blend).

The Cojonu uses a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper, I believe, with the Cojonu 2012 as offered in Sumatra and Connecticut Broadleaf. The Cojonu is a ramped up version of the Brown Label blend.

The J21 is also a ramped up Brown Label blend that uses a higher priming Nicaraguan ligero wrapper.

The TAA is a ramped up Brown Label blend with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper with similar cigars being the Tatuaje Barclay Rex, Tatuaje T110 and Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin.

It is most similar IMO to the J21 in flavor, but I could see where some may say the Cojonu 2012 Broadleaf is close as well.
That's a fantastic explanation, Thanks Craig!
I won't pretend I'm going to remember the distinctions in a week, but I'm glad I know them now. Good luck finding a Barclay Rex or a Pork Tenderloin. I don't how rare the T110, but I've never stumbled upon one in the wild...

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I have smoked through every cbl tat and switched every tat cbl wrapper from regular production, limited edition and single store releases. None of them really taste like the TAA. Execept for the the PT, Rex and Cojonu cbl wrapper on j21. Its quite strange really. With a cbl wrapper and Nicaraguan filler and binder you would think that some regular production combo would work.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have smoked through every cbl tat and switched every tat cbl wrapper from regular production, limited edition and single store releases. None of them really taste like the TAA. Execept for the the PT, Rex and Cojonu cbl wrapper on j21. Its quite strange really. With a cbl wrapper and Nicaraguan filler and binder you would think that some regular production combo would work.
So you're saying that I should go with the J21, or that I have no chance in finding something that tastes close to the TAA 2014. These cigars are so good. I must find more... LOL

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
i really dont think any regular tat gives you a taa experience....
not to say the reg tats arent great smokes in their own right, the 11/12/14 taas are just wow....

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think the closest is the Regios Reserva. They were released a while ago though so they're getting hard to find.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

I need to try one of each of these....

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
So you're saying that I should go with the J21, or that I have no chance in finding something that tastes close to the TAA 2014. These cigars are so good. I must find more... LOL
It's still on the store selves. Just have to look bro. Make a connect and you will have box in hand. Diebels has them. It's not like the 15s are not too far off. No worries. The TAA is a cash cow, it will be back every year. Once you feel like you lost out something is when they know they have you hooked as a tat junkie :)

Rating - 100%
231   0   0

The Cojonu uses a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper, I believe, with the Cojonu 2012 also offered with Sumatra and Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers. The Cojonu is a ramped up version of the Brown Label blend.

Isn't the cojonu 12 a habano wrapper?
Sumatra, ct, and habano?