What's new

Which?

PSI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 or Epicure Especial.

My first instinct, of course, is to say both. But I'd like opinions of each, and why one over the other.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i really enjoyed the last ee i smoked! it had a creamy,yet spicey twang that put an instant smile on my face,and had me wishing for more before i was halfway through with the one i was smoking. as for comparing it to the no. 2,imo the no.2 lacks the complexity of the ee. not saying it's one dimensional,it's just not as memorable of a smoke. it has more of a tobacco flavor,but lacks character when compared to the ee.

just my thoughts,other's may have different experiences...

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Actuall;y, I think you initially said it the best. Why not both. Both are good cigars. The number 2 is a little weaker of a cigar, but has good flavor. EE is better. Having said that, what I might like to smoke, might be different then you like to smoke. Try them both. Life is way to short thought to smoke a lousy cigar! hehe

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Looks like I need to try the EE, lol! Of course the only HdMs I've had were the du Roi and the Petite Robusto, so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Simple solution when someone asks a question which one of two boxes I ALWAYS say get them both. You can always get someone to either split them with you or sell off half of them both soon as they arrive. Win-win situation, best of all you can always sell the rest if you do not like them.

PSI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as I have a box of Short Churchill's, a box of Serie D #4's and a box of Royal Corona's; it wasn't about not being able to get both. It was about which is best.

The Especial's came to day. Seven days click to door.

So thanks everyone!