What's new

Who are some of the Best Drummers

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I was just about to post a YouTube clip of him from Conan but it looks like Joel beat me to it lol.. And eleven brought up a good point about him being blind .. Plus one for joe here!!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
In this order (based on history)

Buddy Rich
Neil Peart
Stewart Copeland

Percussion is where it's at.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Plus sessions drummer, Matt chamberlain.
I was working at Paramount Studios down the hall from this guy once. He was working on a Fionna Apple record and I was tracking for this ska-punk band that never amounted to anything. Our producer pulled him into our suite to show him what I was playing: Kick, Snare, HH, Crash Ride and Timbales. I was 19... and they started talking shit in the control room, laughing at my lack of toms and other bullshit. Then someone asked "so is he playing to a click, or what?" Our producer responded with "That's just it. HE ASKED FOR A CLICK TRACK, AND HE IS NAILING IT!" We did a take. I crushed it. And then Matt asked to meet me. We hung out for a bit - he was a really humble guy. Later, I took my girlfriend to go see Tori Amos and saw him on stage... homeboy was playing a full kit with his feet and right hand, and simultaneously playing congo patterns with his left hand... he was pretty sick.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
For my money the best metal drummer is John Merryman of Cephalic Carnage. Couldn't find a great live video...

[video=youtube_share;9QNByE7AE0w]http://youtu.be/9QNByE7AE0w[/video]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son is quite the drummer I think.

He drummed the hell out of our plastic chair, drummed the hell out of our tv screen, my head, my back all kinds of things. He can drum on anything.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is like asking who's the best bassist and guitar player. I may have MY favorite but nobody can say who's the best.
There are so many musicians out there that nobody knows about that are great.
That being said, for anybody to put John Bonham at the top of the list is ludacrisp.....J/K...lol! He was def one of my faves, however.....

Bonham
Palmer
Rich
Peart
Moon
Roach.............................................................etc.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Bonham all the way. Although Neal Peart of Rush and Dana Carey of Tool aren't slouches either. Shannon Larkin of Godsmack is up there,too
Zeppelin rules, IMO