What's new

Who do you follow?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 've been on BOTL for a little bit now and want to learn more about cigars. I just don't know who to really follow on the cigar review section. So if anyone has a person in mind that gives great high quality reviews please tell me.

Thank you,

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but for me all of the reviews offered up bring somehting to the party.

since we are all so unique (at least our palates are) It would be hard to predict who might be the "better" reviewer for you.

My suggestion is to try some of the smokes you see reviewed and sort of compare your own opinion to the reviewers... over time you'll see who has similar tastes as you and that might help.

enjoy.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
A review is just one person's view of a cigar, so I read everyone's reviews. They don't take long. Shuckins' reveiws offer some entertainment value, and are informative as well. BrooksW has some great photograhy, and some really rare stuff as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, if you like cigars that melt your face, tear out your esophagus, collapse your lungs and un-pucker your a$$....

Smoke anything SkinsFanLarry recommends!

:rofl:

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Anyone that takes the time to do a review and post it, well worth the read. Interesting to see different takes on a cigar I have tried, or something new to pick up and give a try. They are all entertaining.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
sean, it really is hard to say, simply because someone can write a glowing review of a stick, but if you don't share their palate or tastes, it really doesn't mean anything to you. i personally ignore all of the glory seekers around here who post reviews just to show off.....cough redbarondanshuckinsbrooks cough. :wink::stretchgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot guy's! I am just looking for somewhere to start since I'm new to the online cigar community even though I have been smoking for quite awhile. I will look into some of the names you suggested.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
sean, it really is hard to say, simply because someone can write a glowing review of a stick, but if you don't share their palate or tastes, it really doesn't mean anything to you. i personally ignore all of the glory seekers around here who post reviews just to show off.....cough redbarondanshuckinsbrooks cough. :wink::stretchgr
:welcome:
Now that's not helpful at all old man :grinFU:.

Dan
and you should see someone about that cough...lol

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Find a cigar you really like. Find a reviewer that reviews the stick where you find the same quailities as he does. I find certain people have very similar tastes to me. When one of them says: I really like this cigar...I buy.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Well, if you like cigars that melt your face, tear out your esophagus, collapse your lungs and un-pucker your a$$....

Smoke anything SkinsFanLarry recommends!

:rofl:
I new there was a REAL reason Larry doesn't do reviews!! LOL:nodlaugh:
Dude...if your gonna be a part of BOTL then be a part of everyones review. It takes time and effort for these reviews and the brothers who post them all deserve a thumbs up!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Like everyone has already said, a review is just a matter of opinion. Certain people enjoy things that others despise. That being said, I think that I tend to share many of the same opinions as R3db4r0n, I don't have the apparent amazing sense of taste this kid has so after he reviews something that I love (Westie, Face, etc.) I read his reviews to find out what I tasted lol :stretchgr

cough redbarondanshuckinsbrooks cough. :wink::stretchgr
LOL