What's new

Who wants more Little Boris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Mine are still in the freezer so I am hoping I like them as well as you all do, If so I would buy more the price is right.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Didn't get any of the first release, so yea, I guess.

Put up a petition for the Trinidad RE and the RASCC and it will be a resounding YES!

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Delicious peanut buttery cigars that smoke long and slow. Some floral sweet leathery flavors keep things interesting, especially toward the nub. All the makings of a legend if you ask me. Have two boxes and would probably buy more...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think there are freaking delicious. I didn't get the peanut butter flavor but the rest of the above I agree with. A complete winner that I would buy multiple additional boxes of if I had the chance.

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Pete just post this question on Facebook "Curious to get feedback on a possible second run of Little Boris. Not if it will sell but if people are okay with a second release. ? LMK"

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Speedy, I saw your reasoning for voting no, and I understand your point. But, I have a question for anyone else who voted no: did you get any Little Boris already? It seems the ppl I've seen vote no, mostly did so to protect their investments or to preserve the "mystique" as I saw it described.

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Speedy, I saw your reasoning for voting no, and I understand your point. But, I have a question for anyone else who voted no: did you get any Little Boris already? It seems the ppl I've seen vote no, mostly did so to protect their investments or to preserve the "mystique" as I saw it described.
^This, I was under the impression the idea of the "Brotherhood" was to pay it forward, smoke among men/women and enjoy the company of like minded individuals atleast with regards to appreciating cigars. If another run isn't done how much is really gained?(A oh you should of got them, sucks to be you kind of conversation) Why discourage a manufacture who has the means to introduce more of a great product? Kind of a Dick move... Sure put a chastity belt with dead bolts around your own stash but why "cock block" on those that didn't get em?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I didn't vote or answer Pete's question on Facebook, but for me the 'mystique' adds to the enjoyment of the smoke sometimes. I was lucky enough to get 1 out of the 500 boxes and because there were so few made, it is now designated as one of my 'special occasion smokes'. I wouldn't be mad if he made more because I didn't invest in them, I bought them to smoke. I have no intention to sell them and make some extra cash. The upside to him making more would be that more cigar smokers get to enjoy them! I hope this whole thing doesn't cause a bunch of drama..

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So they can make a profit? I voted yes if they are as good as the reviews I have seen to date I think it would be nice to see more get them. Yes I did get some boxes. I hate people who buy cigars to resell that are not a business, as if that wasn't obvious LOL I guess it's time to pull them out of the freezer and I'll know in a few day's.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
One of the more foolish things I've seen. Voting no at all is a dick move, in my opinion. I doubt I'll buy more than a fiver, if even that, but I voted yes because I know a ton of guys on here either love them or would love to have them. But, voting no because you want yours to be more "special" is one of the biggest dick moves I've come across. I have close to zero interest in LE's after seeing all the BS that came about with the lil monster release. It bugs me to see the feeding frenzy, the over charging, fighting, tempers and cut throat actions that come with most of these stupid LE releases. Now to vote no, just add that to the list of d-bag moves that come with these releases.

Hell, 90% of the stuff everybody tries to give their left nut for tastes mediocre when I get a chance at it. Let me know when one of those gets the taste of a 1926 Padron, Monte 2, Monte 4, Cohiba, Party, etc, etc, etc, ETC. Because with all the BS surrounding all these LE's everybody has gone nuts over lately, not a single one has stacked up to many regular release cigars that are already sitting in my humi.

To sum it up, try to remember what the "B" stands for in "BOTL".

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm glad i joined up on these forums before the insanity of the LE's. Might have gotten the wrong impression about some people that are normally very friendly and knowledgeable.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have a box. If there are 500 more boxes made word will go around that they don't taste like the "OR" even if it's that same cigar and it will drive the price up anyways. I voted No for that reason and it's not 100% that if there are a resounding amount of Yes votes that it will happen anyways further adding to the hate and madness. I highly doubt anyone on here speculates in cigars and if they do I'm sure some of the more established BOTL's can/have weeded them out, if this happens somewhere else than so be it but places like Ebay and even B&M's will just have 500 more boxes to do that with. In the end this whole deal is Pandora's box.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
IMO the question is pretty simple, 'would you buy more - yes or no'?
While I personally feel it's pointless having a 'no' option as the point is really to gauge interest from potential buyers, by voting 'yes' with no intention to purchase you're creating a false market and it undermines the whole point of the poll.

I think we're making too big a deal out of who voted yes and who voted no and why.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
We have to remember that these are just cigars. It's interesting because you'll always see a secondary market with anything collectible and the market will drive the prices.
I think cigar retailers do a pretty good job controlling numbers so that releases are sold to as many different people as possible. I see the crazy prices in the sports memorabilia industry and it keeps me for the most part just watching from the outside now.
The consumer just needs to know what the product is and what it's worth to them. If someone wants to pay double for something knowing it's initial value so be it.
Back to cigar LE's best way to control them IMO is only sell local and depending on release numbers, limit the number of boxes. Will that make it harder to get specific store type releases? Yes but with a little work, not impossible and that would cut down the number of EBay type sellers.
IMO as long as the raw materials are available, there is no reason why they shouldn't make more.
Hey 1000 boxes is still limited so to the asses that want to say "nanny boo boo I have a limited cigar and you don't", it's still going to be a limited release. G1

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
IMO the question is pretty simple, 'would you buy more - yes or no'?
While I personally feel it's pointless having a 'no' option as the point is really to gauge interest from potential buyers, by voting 'yes' with no intention to purchase you're creating a false market and it undermines the whole point of the poll.

I think we're making too big a deal out of who voted yes and who voted no and why.

+1
Well put! I didn't vote, since I will not buy more. Do I want more people to be able to buy some? Yep, but having 800 yes votes and only 500 people wanting a box, kind of jacks with the point of the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.