What's new

Who wants more Little Boris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I can't wait until the next Tat LE so we can just move all the complaining to that thread. It's not the end of the world if you didn't get your box of Little Boris. Lighten up people, and if you want some, post an ISO and someone may help you out. People are entitled to vote yes or no to a poll.
The complaining seems to be the pattern. This was by far one of easiest LEs for me to get considering that they posted it on their website and appeared to handle the requests first-come-first-serve. They sold out! Because of that, I voted "no" to the poll and said so when I posted my Little Boris review the other day. It's an Limited Edition cigar. I knew that fact months ago prior to it being released and that there was a possibility of me not being able to get any... like all LEs.

If more are released I'd be happy to smoke them! I didn't vote "no" to try to block anyone from getting the cigar. I voted "no" because it's an LE - the shop and Pete produced what they said they would. I've already gifted 3 from my box and obviously agree with Craig's ISO comment as well. It's time for Pete to work on the next LE!

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I voted "yes" but I will say I don't feel too bad for the people that were unable to get some. These were available openly on their website for over a week before they sold out. There have been Tat Limiteds that have been hard to get but this was not one of them. Some have sold out in hours and/or the shops have some crazy system as to who gets them. Corona made them available openly and had them available for a considerable amount of time. While I have no problem with more being made to help out those that did not get them, I feel that everyone had more than a fair shot at these.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Voting no at all is a dick move, in my opinion.
Wait wait.....what?

So before I can lodge an opinion in this poll, I need to come to the forums and see what the masses are saying and go with the flow regardless of my own personal opinion?
And your reasoning for saying a certain cigar SHOULDN'T be made would be?
What ?
I'm sorry, I can't wrap my mind around why specific cigar enthusiasts would want to block a specific cigar from being made, it makes no sense other than some level of greed. Why should you give a shit if they are made? Does that degrade what you already have? Does that somehow make what's sitting in your humidor taste bad? Of course not, it comes down to greed, simple as that.

Speedbump, you stated that you don't intend to resell them, and even intend to give many of them away, good on you... then why should you care if more are made? How on earth does it impact you if you don't intend to resell them anyway? There isn't a single bit of logic to the argument of voting no, unless you somehow intend to gain something by them being limited to 5000 cigars, either by reselling or trading sometime down the road. If your thoughts were for Brothers that wanted some of these sticks, it wouldn't bother you in the least that more be made. If the listed is the case, fine, but if it isn't then I sincerely do not understand the logic behind such a decision.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Also, for those of you saying they were easy to get. Look at the list of sticks that were released during that same window, some of which include lil monsters and viaje summer editions. Guys, not everybody can afford to do what allot of us do, buying several boxes every two weeks, or even more. The guys who put their monthly purchase of a single box may have chosen lil monsters or viaje instead, but would still like a shot at getting some Boris.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Who cares? If that's his opinion, whether I agree or not, isn't he's allowed to voice it? I'm Canadian but I've been told this US of A is a free country.

(I also think that this survey is silly. I would be hard pressed to imagine that anyone thinks that another 500 won't sell out just as quickly.)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Could I afford a box of little boris during the release? No
Am I peeved about it? No
Would I like to smoke one? Maybe
Am I going to live if I never set flame to a little boris? Yes
Are there going to be more limited run cigars in the future? Yup
Does this really affect me in the long run? Nope.

People that are all bent out of shape about not getting a certain cigar really need to re-evaluate their priorities imho.

Matt

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Wait wait.....what?

So before I can lodge an opinion in this poll, I need to come to the forums and see what the masses are saying and go with the flow regardless of my own personal opinion?
What ?
I'm sorry, I can't wrap my mind around why specific cigar enthusiasts would want to block a specific cigar from being made, it makes no sense other than some level of greed. Why should you give a shit if they are made? Does that degrade what you already have? Does that somehow make what's sitting in your humidor taste bad? Of course not, it comes down to greed, simple as that.

Speedbump, you stated that you don't intend to resell them, and even intend to give many of them away, good on you... then why should you care if more are made? How on earth does it impact you if you don't intend to resell them anyway? There isn't a single bit of logic to the argument of voting no, unless you somehow intend to gain something by them being limited to 5000 cigars, either by reselling or trading sometime down the road. If your thoughts were for Brothers that wanted some of these sticks, it wouldn't bother you in the least that more be made. If the listed is the case, fine, but if it isn't then I sincerely do not understand the logic behind such a decision.
Well, here are few things that people might be thinking (Note:Just playing devils advocate):

1. Pete has said in the past that he thinks 500 boxes is enough. Why should he have to do something just because we say so?
2. Pete has said that there is only so much of the Sumatra wrapper to go around. Why should he make more of a cigar that already exists if it will impact producing another blend in the future?
3. Pete could be worried about the impact (i.e. what consumers think of his business) of saying that there were only so many to be produced, then changing his mind at the last second.

The idea that the ONLY reason someone would vote "No" is because they are looking to resell for a profit is asinine on its face, and honestly, I am not sure how someone jumps to that conclusion based on NOTHING other than a "No" vote. Saying that it is a "dick move" to vote the opposite of you is childish and downright ignorant, IMHO.

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wait wait.....what?

What ?

My thoughts conveyed.. Albeit more eloquent.. lol

Last edited:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hot damn LEs are a hoot I tell ya...

All I got from this thread though, besides being one of the silliest in history, is CMac is a dick for voting no...

wait...for THINKING about voting no...since he didn't actually vote.

My personal vote...

There is MUCH more to debate here. Carry on..

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Lmao Kyle!

I am going to petition Pete to make more pork tenderloin's, TAA, and Franks! And since everybody will want them it shouldn't be any problem for him to make them right away.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wait wait.....what?

What ?

Well, here are few things that people might be thinking (Note:Just playing devils advocate):

1. Pete has said in the past that he thinks 500 boxes is enough. Why should he have to do something just because we say so?
2. Pete has said that there is only so much of the Sumatra wrapper to go around. Why should he make more of a cigar that already exists if it will impact producing another blend in the future?
3. Pete could be worried about the impact (i.e. what consumers think of his business) of saying that there were only so many to be produced, then changing his mind at the last second.

The idea that the ONLY reason someone would vote "No" is because they are looking to resell for a profit is asinine on its face, and honestly, I am not sure how someone jumps to that conclusion based on NOTHING other than a "No" vote. Saying that it is a "dick move" to vote the opposite of you is childish and downright ignorant, IMHO.
Except Pete was the one that asked the question. If this were somebody putting up a petition to get more of the cigar, begging Pete to do something he doesn't think he should, then I would agree with you. BUT, Pete himself put the question to the masses. Do those voting "No" feel they know better than Pete concerning his abilities to make his own cigar? If so, then thank God Pete has their levelheadedness to guide him, otherwise where would he be? (Of course, that was sarcasm.)

But, when Pete puts the question out there, obviously he knows he's able to make the cigars, why shouldn't he make them? Do you see where I'm coming from on that, Brooks? When the maker himself asks if he should make more, and somebody says "no", what is the reasoning behind that? There are only a couple of reasons for that vote, and none of them are all that great, imo. Personally, I disagree with you Brooks, I still think it's a dick move. (Which is damn near a first, I don't disagree with what you post/write very often.) If somebody looks down on Pete because he made another release of what are evidently fantastic cigars, they are the ones with a severe personal problem. (Perhaps a personality problem.) What cigars DO need are MORE fantastic releases, not for the cigars that are already known to be good, blocked.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Who cares? If that's his opinion, whether I agree or not, isn't he's allowed to voice it? I'm Canadian but I've been told this US of A is a free country.

(I also think that this survey is silly. I would be hard pressed to imagine that anyone thinks that another 500 won't sell out just as quickly.)
Just asking for a reason, bro. :)

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
To clear the confusion.....Pete asked us to make the poll to see what the response would be.
Hey jowee,

Did Pete just ask you guys to make the poll? Meaning that was his response to Corona asking if he would/could make more Little Boris? Or did he approach Corona with that suggestion on his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.