What's new

Who's cooking a turkey?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just doing the white meat this year...the rest of the turkey sucks!

To be honest, I would rather make 10 lbs. of Carne Asada. Unfortuneatly, too many people would have a bitch fit.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1

To be honest, I would rather make 10 lbs. of Carne Asada. Unfortuneatly, too many people would have a bitch fit.
Dude, your carne asada is perfect for ANY holiday!

You should just roll the asada around some stuffing and then deep fry them for Thanksgiving.....num num num

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dude, your carne asada is perfect for ANY holiday!

You should just roll the asada around some stuffing and then deep fry them for Thanksgiving.....num num num
And I can make some wicked a$$ stuffing as well! I use my grandma's recipe...made by scratch. None of this box s**t.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
We just did a Pheasant Cigar turkey dinner last Saturday. They did the brine from the Alton Brown recipe and it was fabulous! Fresh bird was used if that makes a difference. Some pomegranate glaze over the meat instead of gravy, it was superb!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0

Well I do really prefer Legs & Thighs but that is just me. I do hear you on making everyone happy......If we don't have certain side dishes every year some folks go in a tantrum. One year soon we are going to skip the family events and go on a little vacation. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm frying one if not two turkeys. It's so much faster and I think turns out a better bird. Plus I get so smoke while I do it!
I fry 2 birds each year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family & my wife's family live close so we all gather together for each holiday. Makes it very easy for us. I fried a bird one year as our contribution and not a scrap was left while my wife's aunt had lots of baked turkey leftover. She hasn't baked one since. I'd rather she focus on the dressing instead because she makes the best I've ever had.

I have my winter beers & a nice cigar and sit out and "watch" the bird.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Safe travels to brothers & sisters that are on the roads or in the air. I don't post a lot but I check in and read everyday.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Do you season it at all? I do a ginger, lemon, garlic rosemary as I said above. It's just enough and not over the top. It compliments the fried bird nicely. I actually got the recipe out of the recipe book my fryer came with. Which coincidentally how I got into homebrewing also.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Last edited:

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Im actually smoking one if that counts.

I put it in the brine this morning with a mixture of:
garlic salt
kosher salt
crab boil
poultry seasoning
and something else ( i forgot, but its a seasoning)
Flipping it over in the brine bag before I got to bed tonight. Then getting up and pulling it out of the bag, rinse it off. The splitting it down the middle to ease the smoking time some. Then throwing it on the smoker for about 6 or 7 hours. Hopefully around 2ish it will be done and the family will be hungry.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My sister-in-law takes over our kitchen for T-giving dinner. TBH, I'd like to do it once in a while but I'm out numbered. The tough thing is that I'm the only guy at the dinner (wife, her mom, her sis and my mom)....I need another guy to hang with, smoke cigars, drink some scotch and do stupid shit with.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Smoking is the only way to go IMO, but to each their own. Can't stand roasted Turkey and I love me the dark meat but on a smoked bird I even eat the white meat.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I thoroughly enjoyed the store purchased POS stuffing yesterday. :hammersma

Next year Thanksgiving will be at my house. I will make my own stuffing. If they don't like it, they stay the f**k home or starve! :cursing:

There was no cranberry sauce as well. I'm gonna make that as well.

My father-in-law made candied yams, very similar to grandma's. That was YUMMY.

I hope everybody had an amazing Thanksgiving.