What's new

Why a new cutter?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Biting the end off is for the same people who open wine bottles by smashing the necks off on the edge of a table... :headroll:
While funny not necessarily true. I'm not a biter myself but actually biting the end off your cigar is considered proper etiquette. Also, it does work in a pinch! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a Xikar I really like. I also have a $3 guillotine that is sharp as hell and works great. I priced different cigar accessories suppliers and found out that cutter is $.40 when ordered by the thousand. I keep it in my car.

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While funny not necessarily true. I'm not a biter myself but actually biting the end off your cigar is considered proper etiquette. Also, it does work in a pinch! :thumbsup:
I regularly bite the ends off my cigars. I never leave the house with a cutter. I actually don't "bite" i nibble small circular hole into the cap. Some cigars this is perfect, others not so much. I find that the RyJ cigars which have a little "plug" in the end are really nice as it pops out and you have a perfect little divit. Machine made cigars are fairly difficult to get a good bite, without winding up with a shredded mess at the end.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are some cigar accessories that I have paid premium dollar for but a cigar cutter is not one of them. It definitley comes down to personal opinion because my $5-$10 cutters do just fine and I could never justify spending more than that. In fact, often I just score around the cap just enough for me to flick it off with my fingers or mouth.