What's new

Will the madness never end

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed but unfortunately not surprising considering we live in a time where Bugs Bunny is too politically incorrect to be on TV so we watch South Park.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This is the America we have made though. We have built a society of weak people that have no sense of personal responsibility. You spill hot coffee in your lap, it's not your fault. It's McDonalds. Your child decides to glorify PopEye because he smokes a pipe. Sue the movie company. Such a nation of pus*ies.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This is the America we have made though. We have built a society of weak people that have no sense of personal responsibility. You spill hot coffee in your lap, it's not your fault. It's McDonalds. Your child decides to glorify PopEye because he smokes a pipe. Sue the movie company. Such a nation of pus*ies.
You nailed it my friend....and I could go on, but I won't.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just ridiculous. Here's what's next I imagine...
2015 -add 80 lbs to Olive Oyl because her image promotes an eating disorder.
2016 -remove Wimpy's hamburger. It's not healthy as a mainstream diet. Also opens the possibility of offending vegan viewers.
2017 - Jeep the magical creature gets name change as to clarify any confusion of affiliation with the 4x4 automotive manufacture.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Just ridiculous. Here's what's next I imagine...
2015 -add 80 lbs to Olive Oyl because her image promotes an eating disorder.
2016 -remove Wimpy's hamburger. It's not healthy as a mainstream diet. Also opens the possibility of offending vegan viewers.
2017 - Jeep the magical creature gets name change as to clarify any confusion of affiliation with the 4x4 automotive manufacture.
^^^ this and a whole lot more.... It's a sad direction we are sliding down....

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
WTF.... They gotta be kidding. What the hell is the point in doing a Popeye movie without spinach, anchor tatts, and a pipe? How is he gonna do the "too too" at the end of the theme song? Shit...I used to hate eating spinach until I started watching the Popeye cartoon.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
...and it's a damn shame.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
not a good time to be alive.

as much as i love the technology it doesn't balance out everything else...

keep your phones and tablets, give me back the 60s 70s and 80s...

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0

well at least the 60's 70's :dunno:
View attachment 44872

well i can not argue that 'pop' (in general) took a shit for the decade, real music was still incredibly strong.
something that i can not say for the 90s onward.

and who didnt have a blast in the 80s...
again something i cant say for the 90s onward!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0

View attachment 44872

well i can not argue that 'pop' (in general) took a shit for the decade, real music was still incredibly strong.
something that i can not say for the 90s onward.

and who didnt have a blast in the 80s...
again something i cant say for the 90s onward!
Yep, this country aint what it used to be and I am very concerned for the youth, they will not see the free country that us "older" folks were raised up in.. what a shame

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
View attachment 44872
Some of us shut off the radio and got by the 80's ..... :glassesgr

"CBGB's two rules were that a band must move its own equipment and play mostly original songs—that is, no cover bands—although regular bands often played one or two "covers" in set.[13] CBGB's growing reputation drew more and more acts from outside New York City. In 1978 on October 20 and 21, The Police played at CBGB its first American gigs. Meanwhile, CBGB became famed for the Misfits, Television, Patti Smith Group, Mink DeVille, the Dead Boys, the Dictators, the Fleshtones, the Voidoids, the Cramps, the B-52's, Blondie, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, the Shirts, Ramones, and Talking Heads. Yet in the 1980s, hardcore punk's New York underground was CBGB's "

[edit / wiki]

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Bring out the David Allan Coe, Hank Williams Jr, & Waylon Jennings..... I need a hefty dose o' country while I smoke my pipe start on my hashtagactivism project: Save Popeye. #SissifiedSociety