What's new

Wine Cooler 101

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into getting a wineodor how are they, I read reviews and I Dono what to do is it worth the money

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys/Gals
Just been reading about the wineador I currently have a whynter 251 seems to have stopped cooling still circulating air though, In any case I live in Australia and whynter does not sell replacement parts. :(

So I have decided to buy a winecooler I have to products in mind both thermo electric and both have adjustable humidity control.
I generally use heartfelt beads, So I am undecided on which model to go for , I dont really have much experience with wineadors.
So I was wondering If anyone this forum could help me decide on which way to go , It would be most appreciated.
P.S my collection is getting really big.
http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/VinoVault-B145S-Black-Underbench-Wine-Fridge---54-Bottle-Right

http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/CyberCool-DP72C-Luxury-Mirror-Effect-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler---72-Bottle

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Hi Guys/Gals
Just been reading about the wineador I currently have a whynter 251 seems to have stopped cooling still circulating air though, In any case I live in Australia and whynter does not sell replacement parts. :(

So I have decided to buy a winecooler I have to products in mind both thermo electric and both have adjustable humidity control.
I generally use heartfelt beads, So I am undecided on which model to go for , I dont really have much experience with wineadors.
So I was wondering If anyone this forum could help me decide on which way to go , It would be most appreciated.
P.S my collection is getting really big.
http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/VinoVault-B145S-Black-Underbench-Wine-Fridge---54-Bottle-Right

http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/CyberCool-DP72C-Luxury-Mirror-Effect-Thermoelectric-Wine-Cooler---72-Bottle
If your collection is really growing, go for the 72 bottle with the RH control...I wouldn't trust the built in RH control though as I'm unfamiliar with this unit. The price is quite nice as well. Definitely recommend active humidification for something this size as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I did end up buying the new wineador. The rh control is not accurate , the temp control is spot on it has 3 big thermo fans down the middle works great . And so much ore room, I sill thinks i should have gone bigger I can see how quickly its going to get full.

More room More boxes lol

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
If your collection is really growing, go for the 72 bottle with the RH control...I wouldn't trust the built in RH control though as I'm unfamiliar with this unit. The price is quite nice as well. Definitely recommend active humidification for something this size as well.
What does size have to do with anything? If a 28 bottle can be humidifiers with beads, a 74 one can be humidifiers with beads, just more if them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah cool makes sense, I messaged two seperate active humi system manufacturers one said just beads nothing else that his system would be overkill to be for the unit, the other recommended his unit plus beads.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Yeah cool makes sense, I messaged two seperate active humi system manufacturers one said just beads nothing else that his system would be overkill to be for the unit, the other recommended his unit plus beads.
Yep. I use beads and bovedas in my coolers and they work just fine, during winter I end up spraying the beads and recharging the bovedas more often, otherwise it's very low maintenance.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
OK, just went through all 33 pages. I just acquired this beauty this week NewAir 181E, I am in the process of seasoning it, I have 4 seasoning bovedas in there now.

I picked it up used from another BOTL who had it for 5 years and he had his drawers custom made. He had it in the basement, so it was never plugged in. I will be keeping it upstairs in a separate bedroom along with my cabinet and 120qt cooler.

OK, so I plug it in and it goes straight to 66 on the unit, the hygrometer is reading 60 %, it seems 66 is as high as the unit goes, do I need to adjust this?

I'm planning on putting 2-3lbs of heartfelt beads in there, and he included a fan as well.

I need someone to explain this to me like I was a five year old on plugging up the unit.... I don't understand if I plug the inside or outside? I have central air, and the temp never goes above 67 degrees, but upstairs can get a bit humid, and the last thing I want is condensation, so please give me some pointers, this wineador stuff is foreign to me.

Pics

BTW, those beads in the 2nd pic are not the beads I will be using, they all busted in transit

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seasoned, loaded up, and remote control stick on LEDs added. Best decision I ever made. Trays off Amazon and they're surprisingly deep. Can easily double or triple stack cigars. And plenty of room at the bottom for boxes with a little bit of Tetrit. Wish I had done this route earlier.20171029_195956.jpg

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Guys.. just picked up my NewAir AW-281E... Question: Do I just snap off the tabs, or is there a special way to remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Guys.. just picked up my NewAir AW-281E... Question: Do I just snap off the tabs, or is there a special way to remove them?

If they're glued, you may want to take a hair dryer to them. You may look on wineadors.com I seem to remember reading something about the tabs on there.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
That was the 1st place I took a look and didn’t see anything. Did a few search’s on on the web and it now seems like people just pop them off. I guess they break off. I still have a few weeks before the shelving comes in so I’ll let them be for now.

I thought I had read a detailed set once but can’t seem to find it now. Thanks for the help @Glassman.

If they're glued, you may want to take a hair dryer to them. You may look on wineadors.com I seem to remember reading something about the tabs on there.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've been wondering about how to get rid of the minor residual plastic smell in my NewAir 281E before the drawers showed up. Saw a mention of activated charcoal so I wandered down to the pet store and got some today. Opened the 11oz container and put some on a higher shelf and the rest in the bottom. I'll check it in a few days. Nothing else had worked so I'm hoping this is good!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've been wondering about how to get rid of the minor residual plastic smell in my NewAir 281E before the drawers showed up. Saw a mention of activated charcoal so I wandered down to the pet store and got some today. Opened the 11oz container and put some on a higher shelf and the rest in the bottom. I'll check it in a few days. Nothing else had worked so I'm hoping this is good!
I left it open for a few day (not running). Next, I did the Arm&hammer wash. Let it sit (open) for 2 days. Washed it it out with a cloth. I did the wash again and this time I closed the door still not running. Once this was done I added baking soda in Tupperware and let the cooler run for a few days. After all that I still had a little smell so added news paper, coffee beans, baking soda and let it run for a day. Nothing after that and was ready for my sticks. I added my Spanish cedar trays and sheets and it smells amazing now. Ordered my shelves from wineador.com a few weeks back and just waiting for them to come in.