What's new

Wine Cooler seal issue...

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sorry to hear about the troubles Jason. My Avanti hasn't had a problem yet.

Hopefully once you get that straightened out you'll be all set and well on your way to 65/65 bliss!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Any particular type of putty AZ?

I slapped some electrical tape on the cooler where the problem spot was last night and this has the issue about 99% solved. I may mess with the door some to see if it's "tweaked" as some have stated on here, but I don't know if I'll have the time this weekend. We'll see if things settle down over the next few days and this weekend.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
We'll see what the outcome is when I get back home after the weekend, but I think I finally fixed the problem (temporarily). Cooler has dropped to a rock steady 63-65%. The top shelf is still lower (about 60%), but everywhere else seems to be right at 65%. Like I said, we'll see what it looks like when I get back. I did look more closely at the door and it looks like it's not on quite straight. Will have to fix that...

On a side note, someone from another board recommended this fan:
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/c...t/sku__SI533BLK

gonna have to check it out.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Jason, I think I can help you out, cuz it sounds like you are just going to have to ship your haier back to the manufacturer.

I keep all of your smokes nice and safe for ya!!! (Someone had to say it)

For the drain hole, I would think you could just put a bead of silicone on it and that would plug it just fine. Working with the magnetic tape should eventually take care of the seal problem.

BTW, the link in your last post didn't work.

Kevin

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh yeah, and as to silicone: good idea, I just want something a little easier to pull off if needed. WIth the way the cooler reacted to me sealing that leak on the corner of the door, I may not need to worry about the drain hole...we'll see. It's currently covered over by two tubes of beads.