What's new

Wineador Owners, KL or Beads?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm looking at getting a wineador since there is a few on sale today, but im stuck with the question for what is preferred between KL or beads?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I spent the money and got beads and it's been a fantastic, foolproof choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Personally, I don;t have the cash flow for HF beads so I did my research on the KL. http://www.botl.org/threads/kitty-litter-experience-so-far.71766/
Check the link above. Its cheaper and many have converted over from beads to KL. Nothing against HF as they work well. I used them for a while and then gave them to a fellow brother about 5 years ago. They were ok but pricey. KL is whats I can afford now so that's how I am rolling. Pun intended.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
iv'e done beads and bovedas. both are perfect. i went to strictly beads this month

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'll, jump on the boveda train. That's all I use in my wino and coolidor. Low maintenance and you can recharge the bovedas if needed. I'm at 7 months in my cooler and haven't had to do anything and the humidity has held steady at 65%

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have 2 winedors and a tupperdore and use KL. I've used it since I really started keeping more than 10 cigars about 4-5 years ago without any problems. I spray it once a month with distilled water during the really cold winter months in KC (Dec-April) and maybe a quick spray a couple of other times throughout the year. I like to keep my cigars at 63-65% humidity. I keep them in a basement that stays mid 60's temp year round.

Cost played no factor. It is easy to use and I could go right to the pet store and pick it up.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
They all work.

Depends on if you want to be fancy or not or if you want any work or not.

However, I prefer HCM over heartfelt. Check the many threads on the different viewpoint.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Personally, I don;t have the cash flow for HF beads so I did my research on the KL. http://www.botl.org/threads/kitty-litter-experience-so-far.71766/
Check the link above. Its cheaper and many have converted over from beads to KL. Nothing against HF as they work well. I used them for a while and then gave them to a fellow brother about 5 years ago. They were ok but pricey. KL is whats I can afford now so that's how I am rolling. Pun intended.
I've been running KL now for more than 5 years and have had zero issues. If you are interested in trying it, post #57 in the link listed above will give you step by step instructions on how to set it up.

Last edited:

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have 9 or 10 in each wino, just bcuz I bought a 20pk so figured I'd throw em all in.

I tend to use the @sofc approach to RH, if my sticks are smoking fine I don't worry about them.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a large 170 bottle wineador. When I got it I already had 2# of HF beads, but knew that wasn't nearly enough for something that large. I ended up using the HFB on hand and an additional 10# of KL which was about $1 per pound. It has worked extremely well and requires minimal attention. I had my doubts, but am a convert.
I use Bovedas in my desktop.