What's new

Wineador Owners, KL or Beads?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The link is old. Like I say, I really doubt I have the beads you have. ( This HCM stuff ran me about $50. ) But good general bead advice there.
Someone else may have an opinion here on your episode. As long as the media doesn't stink you should be fine.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The beads will probably be fine. Don't sweat it.
If not, everytime you smoke a cigar put a dime in a jar. By the end of the year you'll have your $27 back. :p
http://www.cigarbeads.com/usinghcmbeads.aspx
Note, mine you never spray directly, you rehydrate them in a sealed container with ambient RH ( a shot glass of DW )
Thanks for the link man, I'm using heartfelt beads so it's a little different but I get the idea.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The link is old. Like I say, I really doubt I have the beads you have. ( This HCM stuff ran me about $50. ) But good general bead advice there.
Someone else may have an opinion here on your episode. As long as the media doesn't stink you should be fine.
Hey man, the media doesn't stink but I think spraying it with rubbing alcohol possibly ruined them as these are set to a certain RH and who knows what the rubbing alcohol just did. I do cut that rubbing alcohol I use for my hockey pads with DW so there's that, but still, really not sure I should use them. Maybe I'll spray them tomorrow (with DW this time) and see if I can smell any alcohol. Just sucks I'll possibly have to throw away these beads and essentially pay $50 for a 1/2 pound of beads! Plus I feel like a jackass.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hey man, the media doesn't stink but I think spraying it with rubbing alcohol possibly ruined them as these are set to a certain RH and who knows what the rubbing alcohol just did. I do cut that rubbing alcohol I use for my hockey pads with DW so there's that, but still, really not sure I should use them. Maybe I'll spray them tomorrow (with DW this time) and see if I can smell any alcohol. Just sucks I'll possibly have to throw away these beads and essentially pay $50 for a 1/2 pound of beads! Plus I feel like a jackass.
I'd still suggest you put them in a small tupperware with a hygrometer and see where they are at.
Look at it this way. Suppose the shit's at 78%RH out of the bag. .you wouldn't want to be spraying them.
Do your instructions tell you to?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd still suggest you put them in a small tupperware with a hygrometer and see where they are at.
Look at it this way. Suppose the shit's at 78%RH out of the bag. .you wouldn't want to be spraying them.
Do your instructions tell you to?
I've got them in a freezer bag as I don't have any tupperware that hasn't had food in it. Instructions said don't spray as they are pre charged. problem is they were sent USPS so there was a hole through the envelope and a puncture in the actual bag so they were all very dry when I received (none were even remotely clear). No big deal, just a couple sprays of DW and i'll be good to go. Then I sprayed with rubbing alcohol.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bovedas only go to 65 rh. No lower. HF beads sell at both 60 rh and 65 rh. So if you want to keep your humidor lower than 65 the beads may be the way to go. I prefer 63 rh to smoke and 65 rh for long term storage. But I'm a bit ocd.
Boveda can custom make to any RH you want. They do have a 62 RH that you get as well. http://www.bovedainc.com/store/general/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you give up on them entirely, try putting them in the fridge in a container that will seal well, but without the lid on tight. Well, provided they don't smell too much like rubbing alcohol or you might stink up other things in the fridge. The cold of the fridge can get the RH real low. Wait a few hours or overnight without opening the door to the fridge. Then try to tighten the seal quickly and take them out of the fridge. Now the temp will rise and the RH should go very low, and pull out just about everything, water and rubbing alcohol included. The larger the container, the better I would think this would work.
Just an idea. I'm not going to go spray any beads with rubbing alcohol to test :)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Before you give up on them entirely, try putting them in the fridge in a container that will seal well, but without the lid on tight. Well, provided they don't smell too much like rubbing alcohol or you might stink up other things in the fridge. The cold of the fridge can get the RH real low. Wait a few hours or overnight without opening the door to the fridge. Then try to tighten the seal quickly and take them out of the fridge. Now the temp will rise and the RH should go very low, and pull out just about everything, water and rubbing alcohol included. The larger the container, the better I would think this would work.
Just an idea. I'm not going to go spray any beads with rubbing alcohol to test :)
Thanks, if the wino smells when I check it tonight/tomorrow I think I'll do this. It was only two small sprays so I *think* it should be fine. Didn't smell like alcohol this morning once I opened the bag. I did email David at HF to see what his thoughts were but no reply as of yet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to the thread, but I ran a wineador for 8+ years on Heartfelt beads alone. In fact, it was the same Heartfelt beads (which have now been retired). Never needed or tried the KL option.