What's new

Winedor possibilities?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The refrigerator. All it does is control temp. Humidity is controlled in each tupperdor by beads or KL

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
@StogieNinja @sofc I should have been more clear, I don't plan on using the compressor unit, just putting it in the basement to see if it'll hold at less than 70 while it's off

@Boudie is that an ETC? If so what is it controlling?
If you're not using it to manage temp, it's basically just a large sealed unit. You don't need electronic humidification in that case, it will actually be overkill. Bovedas or beads will work great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Inkbird IHC-230 can control temperature and humidity. I use it on my Cybercool thermo cooler.
Although I'm not sure if turning a compressor fridge on/off frequently is a good idea.

I have a cigar oasis excel with is good for up to 4 cubic feet according to the specs this fridge is 5 cubic feet according to its specs so maybe if it's in the basement it'll hold a steady temp and then I can still use beads and the active humidification? It'll be an experiment all the way around it sounds like
I'm not sure an Excel would do enough. I'd go for the Plus model if I were you.
I only use the beads to help the Oasis, they are all dry (meaning I never spritz them) save for a big bag down the bottom catching the condensation.

Really interested to see what you're going to do. It's possible to have it stable without tupperware - as it has worked before and people have done it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Inkbird IHC-230 can control temperature and humidity. I use it on my Cybercool thermo cooler.
Although I'm not sure if turning a compressor fridge on/off frequently is a good idea.

I'm not sure an Excel would do enough. I'd go for the Plus model if I were you.
I only use the beads to help the Oasis, they are all dry (meaning I never spritz them) save for a big bag down the bottom catching the condensation.

Really interested to see what you're going to do. It's possible to have it stable without tupperware - as it has worked before and people have done it.
Update for those interested, it's been picked up, still two hours away for a while though. My buddy picked it up to save me a trip so I have to go pick it up from him at some point possibly this coming weekend.

As for humidification I think I'm going to use the excel and beads and put it in the basement and hope that it holds a relatively stable temp, it will have to be upstairs at some point this summer while we actually finish our basement but I'll deal with that time when it gets here.

Once I get it and do some testing and figure out a plan I'll update again!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you main concern for managing temp is tobacco beetles, you can freeze your cigars for 72 hours to kill the eggs. That is what I do and I don't worry about it. If it's mold that concerns you, keep the rh in the 62-65 range. It really is pretty simple stuff.