What's new

Wino shelves

StogieFisher

Trolling troll is trolling.
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Decided to make my own shelves/drawers. Picked up a chunk of spanish cedar and got to work a couple days ago, don't get a whole lot of free time to work on it so might take me a few weeks to complete but progress so far has been good. I didn't like the boards at 45 degrees to each other, something about it just bothers me so yeah....

20160511_181003_resized.jpg 20160511_194420_resized_1.jpg

Yes... the wino is empty right now and you can eff off. I will have it filled once I finish building drawers/shelves.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Where did you get the Spanish cedar? I've wanted to do this myself but with the prices I've found for the wood I'd come out ahead just buying them premade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Where did you get the Spanish cedar? I've wanted to do this myself but with the prices I've found for the wood I'd come out ahead just buying them premade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple hardwood shops around here that carry it, usually ~$9 a board foot. Comes out a little cheaper materials wise than buying premade but with the time it takes, guess it just depends on how you value your time. I enjoy the process so I don't count it in the costs.

Do you have a woodcraft nearby? They usually carry some.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
There are a couple hardwood shops around here that carry it, usually ~$9 a board foot. Comes out a little cheaper materials wise than buying premade but with the time it takes, guess it just depends on how you value your time. I enjoy the process so I don't count it in the costs.

Do you have a woodcraft nearby? They usually carry some.
No woodcraft. Closest is 6+ hours. And I couldn't even find it at $9/foot. Woodcraft' prices would make it worth it

StogieFisher

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Long time no update... The last 3 drawers are in finishing, just a couple more coats of varnish and all will be done if I can find time to work on them. Been out of town 3 of last 4 weekends and work been busy. I was also an idiot and dropped a tree on my foot and a branch punched a hole through said foot. (n) Nothing some iodine, super glue and cold beer couldnt fix though.

Anyways made a few extra shelves if anyone is interested. All are sized for newair 281, dont have any other sizes and not sure if I will make more. Think I have 6 left. Sent 2 to a fellow BOTL if you want to hear his opinion first.

20160609_182244_resized.jpg