What's new

winter smoking inquiry..............

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
any suggestions for a shelter that can easily be set up and taken down and stored in a nice cozy spot. I'd like to have something to set up in my garage, therefore there is a space restriction, that I could sit in and place a small space heater, chair and and tv tray. My only other option is the rolling herf..ie..me and a buddy driving the Lincoln 45 minutes out and 45 minutes back, listening to music, smoking a cigar and having a mug of coffee. It works okay but I just don't seem to enjoy my smoke as much while negotiating my car through snow and dark of night.

Thanls for youse guys help:smokingme

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
A friend of mine sets up a pretty good size hunting blind in his garage. It is the type that pops up relatively easy. It is plenty large enough for 2-3 chairs, an electric space heater, and some trays. He even opens the flaps to let the smoke out and the heater still heats it up.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
AHHHH SOCAL. Even if it's cold, it's only 50 deg outside in the evenings. Granted you have to put up with earthquakes, fires, smog and a buch of fake personalities, but I can smoke outside in December with a sweatrshirt for warmth.:cool: Good luck a Hunting blind sound like a good idea.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I've built a few shelters in the winter. The first one pictured didn't work too well for the warmth factor, but protected me from the snow. The second one had walls and a portable space heater (silverbucket). The best part about the second one was that, besides the roof, it took itself down when the weather became warmer!
:thumbsup:

First version, convenient but brrrrrrr!

2nd version, complete with snow-shoveling and fire-tending little brother.

2nd version demonstrating the oh-so-nice self-deconstruction feature.

TYLER

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
a little too open for me but looks like fun.

I like the hunting blind idea....thanks David.

Sam

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
lol, I was just joking about the shelter thing! Just got bored cause I was trapped at the house with 4 feet of snow.
Hunting blinds are great ideas. You could also use a tent, or one of those screened enclosures that you put around a picnic table. Some of them have zip-up walls, and if you had a space heater I'd imagine it would be cozy. Put a la-z-boy in there and a TV and helllooooo Sundays!!!!
Maybe even a little propane grill or microwave, you know for hot dogs and nachos!
Why do you need an enclosure in your garage, tho? Just a smaller space to keep the heat in?

TYLER

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have a single car garage, this is what I set up last winter here in Northern MN

We have just started construction on a new 24x28 two stall garage w/a work shop in the back (it will be turned into the new Man Cave) will have pic of the construction soon.....

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Especially for those of us who remember Neil Armstrong setting foot on the moon, it's time to really enjoy our pleasures in life. I'm not saying that this doesn't apply to the twenty-somethings out there, but the idea of hanging out in a snow covered blind has lost it's appeal to me. Don't stand on the porch/deck in the middle of winter, sucking down a petit corona as quickly as you can so you can get back inside and thaw yourself out. Set yourself up a nice environment (or make a friend who has a smoking area) so that you can really enjoy your cigars.

Sam, can you build a loft in your garage to store stuff and make more room? Or maybe buy a storage shed and move some of your stuff out of the garage. I think it would be better for you to use the garage for smoking because of electricity than for you to create a new space for smoking.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Actually, I was thinking about building an enclosure around my back door into my garage.

BTW, the sticks are percolating nicely in the humi. They smile at me every time I open it.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Neil Armstrong........The Moon.........I was laying on the beach at Wildwood NJ. Buzz Aldrin was the pilot for that flight. Thank God I haven't went full circle yet and forgot what the moon was.

As far as smoking outside in the winter...............I just put on a sweatshirt and go outside and fire one up.:grinFU:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
A buddy of ours has a propane heater that works great. Even with the garage open it'll keep you warm in 30 degree temps if you're in front of it. Even Duane doesn't complain about the weather when he's in front of it. Contrary to popular opinion, Sheep don't enjoy the cold.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
What is winter?:laugh: :laugh:

:hysterica :hysterica

That's the few months we can surf in the morning and ski in the evening. Either way we can smoke without some crazy contraption. GOD I love Socal...Thank You for a taste of Heaven before we get there.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I smoke in my truck. It has a comfortable seat, heat, stereo, cup holder and reading light.