What's new

Woofador: Herfdog's wine fridge wineadore build

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If it's stable, it's stable.. I have found KL always screws everything down to 65%
When you add the cigars be patient. They may move that number up for a little while.

Remember if you add "dryer" cigars, ( or dryer trays ) the KL will not add RH.

I use cigar boxes for trays as well... with some cedar strips in mine.
I can show you what the cheapo " cigar box " trays look like tonight.
Nice Catch on the Wineo ! Enjoying the thread !
Mine was a yard sale find ( requiring some hotrodding) as well.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Remember if you add "dryer" cigars, ( or dryer trays ) the KL will not add RH.
So when I add cigars, I might have to add DW to the KL?

Mine was a yard sale find ( requiring some hotrodding) as well.
is there a thread on that? I am curious about your hotroding :D Wino threads are enjoyable. Part project, part cigar, part customization. This dog like them. :)

If it's stable, it's stable..
In other words, if the wino is still at the same spot this evening, its transfer time?
Although I might do some configuration before, thinking of using a box in the bottom to increase the usable volume for KL.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Since there is nothing to season on the fridge itself (plastic on the inside) if the media you put in there is at the proper RH, you are ready to go. Just keep an eye on it every 12 hours or so adding DW if necessary. A few spritzes at a time adding slowly. You can always add more water, you can't take it away.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Since there is nothing to season on the fridge itself (plastic on the inside) if the media you put in there is at the proper RH, you are ready to go. Just keep an eye on it every 12 hours or so adding DW if necessary. A few spritzes at a time adding slowly. You can always add more water, you can't take it away.
+1 Yep right on.
Herf, I think the cigars are commonly over 65RH. If anything, I'd get the ( boxes or trays ) in there first. If anything sucks the RH under 65% it will be the wood.

I've simply added a sponge soaked in Distilled water (sitting in a dish ) in the past to pick the numbers up. If adding the inventory and woodware pulls you under 65% RH. Others spray distilled directly on the KL. I never have though.

My build is on another site. Sans the hijack, I'll get you some info tonight, here, on my build.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Here you go Herf.
Schematics. There's 4 fuses in there but here's the basics.

item
"X" on top. It's in Celsius. Programmable includes about 6 variables including temp to rigger, run time, etc.

Second 12vdc unit would display rh, temp, time, and 12VDC power.
I stopped using the second one, it went out of calibration. but powered it up for the picture.

Trays made from boxes. This is an 18 bottle Hayer, and is "off size" from standard trays. Just not worth custom trays.
Note cedar panels on sides

A couple are actual trays from a few desktops I had. They worked after I cut them down to size.

Here's my BondoDor

Last edited:

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
On my side, second tweak test.
I came home to a nice 65F/70% (the garage temp was 65, so I guess its OK)

I did move a few things around, added more KL but not wet enough I lost some RH in the process, need to tweak. Also started to get things placed like they should end up being, and now am running yet another test. I don't think I'll have any issues with the build.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hmm. I see I'm missing a ground in there. It's in series..
Anyway, at 73 degrees the switch closes the ground and the fans run.

On my side, second tweak test.
I came home to a nice 65F/70% (the garage temp was 65, so I guess its OK)

I did move a few things around, added more KL but not wet enough I lost some RH in the process, need to tweak. Also started to get things placed like they should end up being, and now am running yet another test. I don't think I'll have any issues with the build.
Well you can do what I do. I just have a nice KL tray in the bottom. And I have HCL beads in there.
Wetting the KL is a little tricky for me. But many BOTL do it.

Last edited:

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have some beads in there, and some crystals.

when its stable and I put the sticks in, I'll also add the bovedas.

But for now I want to stabilize the RH in a near-filled environment.

I am learning to place the boxes as to not block the airflow too much. Today's test revealed that I had temperature difference between the top & bottom due to having made a makeshift shelf with box tops... :(

Before next week I should be completely set.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I have some beads in there, and some crystals.

when its stable and I put the sticks in, I'll also add the bovedas.

But for now I want to stabilize the RH in a near-filled environment.

I am learning to place the boxes as to not block the airflow too much. Today's test revealed that I had temperature difference between the top & bottom due to having made a makeshift shelf with box tops... :(

Before next week I should be completely set.
Why wait to add bovedas?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey whaddaya waitin' for those bombed 7Deadly's to smoke themselves, ?
I wanted to give them a couple weeks. The boveda that came with them was very dry, god knows what USPS did with the package. But, I'll give them a try very soon.

In the humidor, they were under the bovedas holder. I kinda didn't even see them when I chose cigars. See where they are now ;)

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I wanted to give them a couple weeks. The boveda that came with them was very dry, god knows what USPS did with the package. But, I'll give them a try very soon.

In the humidor, they were under the bovedas holder. I kinda didn't even see them when I chose cigars. See where they are now ;)
(y)