What's new

worst cigar of 2012

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
someone had to make the thread, right?

to get this out of the way, this is NOT meant to bash any one release, maker, or company (and yet it will). this is not meant to belittle anyone else either; hell, chime in if one of your favorites gets voiced by someone, you may be able to make a mutually advantageous trade! but, the sad fact is, they can't all be winners. this was, to me, a great year for cigars, with a lot of old favorites going strong, and some wonderful new releases. and a few flops. voice it here, people, preferably with something more than "it sucked".

my only unsmokable was the te amo revolution: burned horribly, and tasted of dirt, in a "damp sand box frequented by stray cats" kinda way. didn't make it down past an inch.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Just didn't dig the mini-Face, Quesada Jalapa or EPC Cardinal. A number of others found the ashtray quickly but had expected more from those three.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For me the muwat just didn't do it. That being said I fell in love with the baitfish, go figure. Probably the size that really didn't do it for me, maybe not so much the blend.

The absolute worst though has got to be .....Gurkha evil. First one I really liked for some reason, second and third were pure rubbish.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
One of my first only starting in August, but I smoked it in two separate occasions, Macanudo Crü Royale. Only cigar that's literally made me feel sick, and tasted like crap, harsh as could be.
By two occasions, you mean two separate cigars at two different times... smoking a cigar after it has been put out has never fared well for me

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Fuente Don Carlos Lancero, absolute worst stick I have had bar none, flavorless garbage. Pitched it halfway.
Tat Wolfie
Loved both of these. That's why this cigar thing is so interesting.
i know, right? loved all of the mini monsters myself (have i DClance i have not put to flame yet). also, worth mentioning before gurkha gets buried too deep, the ghost is actually a hell of a cigar. o)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
No, I interpret this as: Ara needs to try what he has and if Hateful sends anything to Ara, Ara will....