What's new

Would you buy from a B&M when

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, the comparison to cigarettes to cigar is faulty. Cigar rollers may smoke cigars while rolling, but these cigars are 100% tobacco....wrapper, filler, binder.
I agree, I suspect that, in the factory, the rollers are smoking the cigar type they are rolling. I would want them to taste it just like a chef should taste the food bering prepared. It there is a problem with the blend it needs to get fixed before you have several thousand problem sticks.

Totally different than in a B&M humidor. There you have finished product from multiple factories. The walk-in humidor is a tangible part of the cigar experience that a B&M has over an online buying experience. Allowing or doing anything to taint the buying experience shows something about the owner.

The “smoke” experience should be reserved for the smoking lounge and not the humidor.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can understand how making a big fuss and storming out of a B&M when the manager smokes a cigarette or cigar in the humidor could be considered an overdramatic reaction. As mentioned though, it could be a sign of their attitude about the business. Politely smiling and giving them a quick "thanks, catch you next time I'm in the area" is appropriate and it's what I did.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
we all have walked into a bad environment for storing cigars,and even the better shops do not necessarily have good habits.
the almighty $$$ is the reason behind many enterprises,and tobacco sales is no different.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I can understand how making a big fuss and storming out of a B&M when the manager smokes a cigarette or cigar in the humidor could be considered an overdramatic reaction. As mentioned though, it could be a sign of their attitude about the business. Politely smiling and giving them a quick "thanks, catch you next time I'm in the area" is appropriate and it's what I did.
To me, it shows total disrespect for their product. If they disrespect the product they are selling, I wouldn't be surprised if they had little respect for their customers as well.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Any form of tobacco smoked in the humidor is bad news. It makes me sad that all those precious cigars will be closed up in a room to absorb odors and flavors that I would attribute to an ash tray. It's like putting a a half-smoked stick back into your personal humidor. If you didn't think anything of it when you put it in there, you WILL realize your error the next time you open it up.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
what surprises me is that you made a thread about the guy smoking a cigarette in the walk in and then mention later casually that they have moldy sticks on the reg lol...

I would have led with the mold on this one because that seems far worse then a cigarette in the walk in, at least thats just gonna affect the cigars in a superficial way and maybe change the aroma. smoking mold is dangerous to your health.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
what surprises me is that you made a thread about the guy smoking a cigarette in the walk in and then mention later casually that they have moldy sticks on the reg lol...

I would have led with the mold on this one because that seems far worse then a cigarette in the walk in, at least thats just gonna affect the cigars in a superficial way and maybe change the aroma. smoking mold is dangerous to your health.
Already did a thread on the mold issue! This is the 2nd or 3rd time in a row I've been disappointed by the shop. I really like their events, layout and selection but I'm seeing lots of issues that taken individually could be ignored. Taken collectively pose a problem.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
oh you did? i was MIA for a while until recently so i may have missed it, yeah that place seems like an avoid at all costs location from what youve said abut it lol

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
omg lol, well to answer your question in that other thread I would venture a guess and say that yes, i bet most people that go into B&Ms dont know left from right and will take anything the shop owner says on faith.

which means that if you were willing to risk your health a bit i bet you could totally entrap the guy and take him to court for selling dangerous moldy sticks to unknowing customers if you felt so inclined. that is if you purposefully smoked a moldy stick and got sick

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
dude i wanna see the comments after that guys post, he must have been eviscerated by people calling him out on being a moron mr. bearded stogian lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
He was, others followed his thread and can comment further. After the first couple of replies I felt sorry for the guy, but apparently not enough to not repost his op. Guess I'm going to hell.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
WTF are notes of firma terra anyways?!? Like hard dirt? Sounds.....yummy:sick:
yeah sounds to me like its someone trying to sound smart, but saying terra firma incorrectly and sounding like a moron. i didnt even notice that until you mentioned it because my brain edited it to the correct order lol what a chode this guy is