Votes: 43 14.0%
  • I'd rather eat rat poison...

Votes: 62 20.1%

• Total voters

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Fellas...I have a large large bag of gently used pipes from my grandfather who had to give up smoking a few years back. These he gave to me to do whatever and as I don't smoke pipes I'm looking to sell. Most of these are really neet and neet designs. I don't know anything about pipes so if your interested pm me and I will help you out the best I can.:peace:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clear it up estate pipes can be throughly cleaned and sanitized and even have the oxidized bits restored back to black.

I do not own any pre-owned pipes, but if I did see a dunhill or s bang estate for a good price i would snatch it up in a heart beat regardless.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting up an obviously old topic on here as i see the last post was by in 2011 but i have a few questions. I have a few used pipes purchased from local auctions and such. My question is how would I need to clean them with out compromising the years of seasoning and also i have read about the possibilities of TB ( tuberculosis ) being spread through used pipes; any thoughts and or ideas on the matter? Cheers!

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Great i will see if i can find that post. Thanks!
I personally love it when an ancient thread comes back and I get to see all the posts...

Here is the link to Dave's tutorial. http://www.botl.org/threads/pipe-cleaning-pictorial-for-the-pipe-n00bs.68966/

Also in terms of years of seasoning never mind. 3 bowls in and it's as seasoned as you'll ever want it, unless of course it's a naked briar or meerschaum, but for different reasons.

I guess what I mean is don't stress about removing the cake, if I didn't make the cake I get rid of it all as much as possible without reaming the bowl itself.

You'll have plenty of time to "season" it again.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Outstanding! Thank you Sir for copying that link. Started searching for it but got sidetracked..... ever happen to anyone else..... ha ha