Votes: 43 14.0%
  • I'd rather eat rat poison...

Votes: 62 20.1%

• Total voters

carocaniac

i hope this lighter works
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I guess the only "estate" pipe I own, belonged to my grandfather and was passed down to me a couple of years ago...I still use it from time to time.

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many mouths have been on any given "new" pipe?? Being that I clean ALL pipes I get, I again say that I have no problems with Estates.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I would rather purchase a new pipe but i have a few estate pipes and they smoke really great. It's kind of cool that someone else has used it and broken it in for you. They are good to go and that's convenient.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat off "used" plates, forks & glasses at restaurants all the time. I don't go all mentrual about it.

Rinse it out, wipe it off, and be a man.

dougc905

Mostly pipes
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More than half of my pipes are estate. Some arrive and are shipped off for a new stem. Others are so pristine that I just run a cleaner through them and load up. Lately, the better eBay sellers are dealing in very good clean pipes. As previously mentioned, alcohol on a cleaner and a good scrubbing of the airway and stem is a good idea though.

For those who are grossed out by who may have used the pipe previously - that's what enzymes and immune systems are for!

Anything on the stem short of mold will be long dead before you get the pipe in your mouth.

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problems with estate pipes as most of mine were purchased from the internet. They all get sanitized by me before going into my mouth of course.

It is a good way to experiment with styles and shapes without spending retail on a new pipe only to discover that I don't like it.

I think that I'll be moving away from estate pipes though. Lately, I've had some bad experiences online (eBay) with fraudulent claims on the condition of the pipes and it is a hassle to deal with refunds.

matthiasdbacker

young pipe smoker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought 2 estate pipes, they will be my first ones but after i clean them i will have no problem smoking them ;)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't smoke a pipe, although I did have one for a while in college and during my first year in the military.

That said, I would probably smoke a used pipe; but only after I cleaned it well and sanitized the stem.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If it was something passed down in the family I could see doing this.

Aside from that not a chance in heck. I don't care how good you clean or sanitize it. Just seems nasty to me.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
While i enjoy the occasional pipe, I personally i would never smoke a used pipe.