Votes: 43 14.0%
  • I'd rather eat rat poison...

Votes: 62 20.1%

• Total voters

MadBear

The Original Angry Animal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I'd smoke a pipe right off the rack is if my wife was the previous user.

Not really sure if it is clean or professionally cleaned matters. I couldn't bring myself to put it in my mouth knowing someone has sucked, bit, chewed, slobbered and salivated all over the mouth piece.

Can I eat the rat poison with a spoon?

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The only way I'd smoke a pipe right off the rack is if my wife was the previous user.

Not really sure if it is clean or professionally cleaned matters. I couldn't bring myself to put it in my mouth knowing someone has sucked, bit, chewed, slobbered and salivated all over the mouth piece.

Can I eat the rat poison with a spoon?
If it's in THAT bad of shape.......you'ld need a new stem too......Paul's Pipe Shop only charges $4.50 a pipe for the works...just like new when done. Never paid more than $7.00 for a new stem...and that was for a Kalabash.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, just clean it properly and you don't have to worry about what others did with it. Oxyclean and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser go a long way with the stem. The alcohol and salt will help out with the bowl. Or, like IHT said, a retort, though I haven't purchased or used one myself yet.

Cigar_Ben

NiceTightAsh.com
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Why clean the inside of the bowl? To start fresh with whatever tobacco you like? I wouldn't think you would like that because its already broken in with a good cake....usually.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Tools are available to remove "excess" cake. The salt draws out the "Flavors" of the previous tobacco used. It's a good idea to use the salt because you really don't have any idea what tobacco was previously smoked.