What's new

wtf - Illegal to ship pipe tobacco in and out of washington state.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Canada has had those laws in place for many years. It is a way for the government to protect it's tax income. I am almost suprised that more high tax states have not followed suit. It does also protect b&m's in high tax states. It does suck that the b&m's can't stand up for your freedoms but hopefully they are able to fight the taxes so they are able to remain competetive then support you in your fights for other freedoms

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This makes a really large segment of pipe tobacco simply unavailable to me. I appreciate everyone's suggestions about driving into other states and countries, but come on - it's just pipe tobacco and locally available stuff is ok.

The kicker is, from the point of view of the tobacco industry in WA it's a win situation. I have to go to a local B&M to get pipe tobacco, which only helps them. So the very people who you think would be standing up to the law are actually benefitting from it. This is really p!@#!@ me off. We can't smoke in our smoke shops either, that is just weird.
Just shop at Native American owned stores. No tax there....:bouncetau:bouncetau

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lived in Everett, WA for about a month short of 10 years. Aside from meeting my dear Wife and making some really good friends while there, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I got the hell out of there. That state has CA (lived there also) beat by a long shot, as far as I'm concerned. Bunch of damned mushroom picking, tree-huggers!!

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bunch of damned mushroom picking, tree-huggers!!
Who happen to enjoy one of the cheapest cigar tax in the country.

And honestly, I have never thought of Everett as being a hotbed of "tree-huggers".

Edit to add: ;)

Last edited:

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offenses were intended in my above post. I was simply expressing that, from my personal experiences while living there, I was glad to leave. WA state, as a whole, is a very unfriendly place for the consumer of tobacco products.

And yes, in my line of work I met many, MANY people there that fit my afore mentioned description.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Highest sin taxes in the nation last I checked. Might have changed though. Tenuki, have you tried MarsCigars.com? I have never had any problems getting product from them and they are great folks. This state has really gone into the crapper in the last 10 years. . .:frownno:

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Highest sin taxes in the nation last I checked. Might have changed though. Tenuki, have you tried MarsCigars.com? I have never had any problems getting product from them and they are great folks. This state has really gone into the crapper in the last 10 years. . .:frownno:

Good thing your buddy from Idaho will ship stuff for you....:peace::dunno::applause: