WTH is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I clicked download and I continue to get this:​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cigar Weekly is moving to a new server. If you want to view the new site early, you can download our special client that will update your settings and take you there. Otherwise you'll have to wait up to one week for the DNS changes to propagate over the internet. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. [/font]

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sites get hacked man, I wouldn't be too quick to blame them...They seem to have jumped on it quickly.

They do seem to be under attack alot lately though...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got the same message but didn't download or run the file. Ironically, I didn't download or run for the same reason as Todd. I trust the site and hadn't seen anything about having to download a file. I figured they would have given us a warning or heads-up if they were going to do something like that.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Oh, I'm not jmping on them. I didn't mean for my post to come across that way. I could have sworn I saw a post about them upgrading to faster servers soon. Maybe it was another of the up-teen boards I peruse daily. Oh well, time will tell if I F'ed anything up.

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I hope no one else click that hypertext link you have listed above. The .exe is still active within it...

Um... I guess it isn't... whew!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Someone is up to no good. It didn't try to download when I tried going there, it would be interesting to see what the file contains and what the payload is if any.

Did you try scanning it with an online virus scanner, since your local AV didn't pick anything up?

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Says it MAY contain a virus. You would probably know by now. Ya got your virus definitions up to date?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Remember that e-mail a bunch of us got 2-3 weeks ago about that Vbulletin toolbox thing. I think you were supposed to be able to take down bulletin boards and forums with that. It's unfortunate that there's been so much of it going on lately.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wasch_24 said:
It was called client.exe

Can you point me towards an online scanner.

Thanks for the insight Dr. Obvious.

Edit: Just saw xrundogs' post. Nothing yet, my anti-virus s/w just updated on Thursday or Friday.

Okay thats about enough of being a dick for one day ...He just tryed to help....Give it a F#$@%@ rest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.