WTH is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
jckposter said:
Okay thats about enough of being a dick for one day ...He just tryed to help....Give it a F#$@%@ rest.....
I seriously was not trying to be dick. It just came across like he was trying to be one to me. I guess I interpreted it incorrectly. I am sorry Jeff, I hope there are no hard fellings. I seriously wasn't trying to be a dick.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
chipslave said:
Well... if it was so obvious then why would you run it?
Because the original message looked legit and had nothing from the current message in it. I am usually very skeptical of things like that but it looked very legit and I was distracted by the game. The thing that made me fall for it was the fact that I was going from viewing a thread to the main forum overview.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yall all ask question when CW has trouble at least he comes over and tries to fill yall in....Thanks Jeff...

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Because the original message looked legit and had nothing from the current message in it. I am usually very skeptical of things like that but it looked very legit and I was distracted by the game. The thing that made me fall for it was the fact that I was going from viewing a thread to the main forum overview.

Not sure if you run IE, but if you turn your status bar on you can see the URL it is pointing to. Just a tip...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Guys, I am sincerely sorry if I came across as trying to be an a**hole.I am just freaking out a little because I have about a weeks worth of work on this computer that I need for a presentaion I am giving Monday thru Wednesday this week.

Again, I'm sorry if I T'd anyone off, really really sorry. That is not the kind of brother I am normally.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
chipslave said:
Not sure if you run IE, but if you turn your status bar on you can see the URL it is pointing to. Just a tip...
That's another thing...that looked legit too. I don't have the URL memorized but it looked legit. The main forum appeared for like two seconds and then that first message came up.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
196   0   0
We understand.....an Im sure jeff does too.....So now down load somemore shit and Open it LMAO ...sorry man ....You feel the lov..... :smt035

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
jckposter said:
We understand.....an Im sure jeff does too.....So now down load somemore shit and Open it LMAO ...sorry man ....You feel the lov..... :smt035
Thats Jerry's way of singing Kumbayah I guess... :)

Yeah, its hard to tell sometimes if a URL is legit or not...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Dr. Evil said:
OK, i'm over it. But Admin specifically said to tell everyone that if they downloaded the file to run a scan because it carries a keylock Trojan.
Can you help me do that? I have McAfee Virus scan Enterprise.

Edit: I just started an on-demand scan, is that what you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.