What's new

WTH... WHAT GOING ON... Ahhhh

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a glass top 150 ct humidor.. I have treated it a few different ways.. I recalibrate my hygrometer yesterday and put it on the top shelf this morning.. My box is sitting at 70 rH and has been that way for some time.. BUT my cigars are drying out.. Several have cracked and I'm going to toss my Cuban it's as hard as a rock.. Anybody have a clue? Please

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Get a digital. Analog are very inaccurate. Amazon has cheap one or home depot/Lowe's sells ones for indoors. I have used both. I have since settled on xikars.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
1. Salt calibration test = BOOO! (n) Use a Boveda calibration kit instead (although truthfully, you can use ANY Boveda pack to confirm and calibrate your hygro; they are consistently within 1 percentage point of the number on the pack (y) ). http://www.cubancrafters.com/boveda-hyrgometer-calibration-kit/

2. Analog hygros = BOOO! (n) Totally agree with @apnutter -- get yourself a digital. The most popular are probably Caliber IV and Xikar. I'm very happy with my Caliber IV:
http://www.amazon.com/Caliber-Digital-Hygromter-Western-Humidor/dp/B00JXOKQVW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449326323&sr=8-1&keywords=caliber+iv+digital+hygrometer

Good luck brother! :cigar:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Glass top humidors can be pretty finicky. I started with one years ago .. it was "solid" .... but I've heard plenty of horror stories from others..
Personally, I'd get a digital Hygrometer and move everything right away to a Tupperdor. At least til you identify your devil. :punch:
If you are drying out, it will take quite a few weeks to recover, but your fastest bet is in a tupperdor.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
It's a 150 count. Put a couple of bovedas in there and call it a day. Don't throw anything out, there is a chance to rehydrate it.
That makes four of us. Really, I have done every type of humidification there is: electric, beads, kitty litter, etc.… And now I simply use Boveda - in everything.
You could do that right now and pretty much be done with it (if the humidor has a proper seal)

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yup to all that have mentioned Boveda. Give the packs a feel every once and a while. If you have a decent seal, they should stay full for a couple months at least. If they start to feel gritty, either fix your leak or just replace with a new pack or two. So easy.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Step 1: Throw your humidor away
Step 2: Get a large, airtight, food storage container (IE Tupperware, Lock n Lock, etc)
Step 3: Put two Bovedas and all your sticks in there
Step 4: Live happily ever after. (Until you need something bigger, anyway...)
Unless you are really tied to your humidor, this is definitely the way to go. Easy, cheap, and you don't have to worry about whether or not your box is set up properly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well thanks for all the advice. i think after reading through all of these i will get me a digital hygro and some boveda packs. i saw someone posted that i should get the big packs i have only seen them in one size which is like 3x4 is that the biggest they come. also i guess my humidor is leaking because my boveda's that i have put into my humidor have only lasted about month so i guess i need to get some oderless apoxy and just reseal all of the glass.