What's new

WTH... WHAT GOING ON... Ahhhh

Lionel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your humidor probably has a bad seal of your stuff keeps cracking.

Analog hygrometers are absolutely horrible. Go for a digital hygrometer, I think the caliber IV is good.
Get it calibrated with the boveda calibration test bag. Salt test is shit, learnt it the hard way.

What the rest said, if you throw in a couple of boveda packs (65RH) In a properly sealed passive environment , you won't even need the hygrometer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a 150ct glasstop with drawers as a gift. I had difficulty maintaining humidity range until I weatherstripped the drawers. FWIW, I keep an open dish of beads in there as well as a couple tea balls w/ bead. I haven't had any cracking issues.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the rest said, if you throw in a couple of boveda packs (65RH) In a properly sealed passive environment , you won't even need the hygrometer
Not trying to thread jack, but this falls right in line with my question.

I like 65%... I just got a desktop to go with my tupperdors... will a wooden humi with a good deal register close to 65% with the 65 bovedas, or will it end up a few points lower?

Lionel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to thread jack, but this falls right in line with my question.

I like 65%... I just got a desktop to go with my tupperdors... will a wooden humi with a good deal register close to 65% with the 65 bovedas, or will it end up a few points lower?
Yeah a good seal with 65RH bovedas will give you a solid 64-66%RH. The margin of error on these packs are about +/-1%RH based on my experience so far. Also Depending how often you open the humidor or how high or low your ambient RH & temperature. In short, yes it'll hold 65RH.

That being said, cigars don't need surgical precision humidity or temperature. It can be 60 or 65 or 70. Entirely up to the individual's palate. A few percentage points off the target RH won't make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk