What's new

xbox360

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
There is a guy here in Denver that bought one yesterday early am and gave a guy $50 to buy another one for him, then turned around and sold them both on Ebay for $2500 each!!!!
Can you believe the marketing strategy of Microsoft.......completly out in 12 hours and no more until after the holidays!!!!! That doesn't sound very smart to me?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have heard in the past that hey loose money on the systems...this way they can manage that loss and rake in the profits on the games.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Actually I've heard their will be more filtering in over the next month Smokem'...don't know which is the case. I still can't understand people who would pay $2500 for one of these things. Hell, I wait a couple years just so I don't have to pay the full release price!

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I have heard in the past that hey loose money on the systems...this way they can manage that loss and rake in the profits on the games.

They do indeed lose a lot of money on each of the systems they sell. Also, supply shortages (chips, memory, etc) make it hard for Microsoft to manufacture them fully at once and the next allotment is scheduled for next year.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is just crazy. I just looked it up on eBay and the entire first page of auctions is in the "<1 min" expiration. Is anyone who bought them NOT re-selling?

Capitalism is alive and well with the gamer set, at least.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Those are some crazy prices.

Just think we spend $ on cigars, they spend it on games...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
cvm4 said:
[Note to self] Reserve a PS3 and put it on Ebay when they come out [/note to self]
No doubt Cliff. Already have my cousin in NY..who has connections for everything..on the job. We're going to preorder a few of 'em..then on to ebay they go.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The specs on the machine look cool but the games do nothing for me. I am waiting for the nintendo revolution cause it will get all the crazy games with new ideas not the same old stuff with better graphics.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
CIGARHead said:
No doubt Cliff. Already have my cousin in NY..who has connections for everything..on the job. We're going to preorder a few of 'em..then on to ebay they go.
Hope to get about 2 or 3 pre-ordered or atleast have me and my g/f waiting inline to get'm. Just can't tell her how much money I'll be making :halfgrinw

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
there is no official release date yet... Everything is speculation, there is really no information on the PS3 on the Playstation website...

My guess is that it might be sooner than later, just b/c they want to edge the sales of the 360... just my opinion though, if i recall correctly they did that with the PS2

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
Can you believe the marketing strategy of Microsoft.......completly out in 12 hours and no more until after the holidays!!!!! That doesn't sound very smart to me?
the marketing stategy is genius. creating an artificial shortage generates the camp outs that you see on the news and read about in magazines and even more hype. that translates to FREE publicity.

msft -- as allready stated -- doesn't make money off the consoles. they get money off licenses, the software sold to developers to create games, hardware accessories, xbox live. the hype and frenzy for them is golden. word gets out and brings more attention to their product.