What's new

Xikar Lighter

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up a new lighter on Thursday from my local B&M. Good deal with my usual 10% discount. Feels great in the hand and has a lifetime warranty as with the cutters. We'll see how it lasts. So far so good.

Xikar Enigma

Attachments

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Looks pretty cool, like it doesn't take up too much pocket room.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I hear ya Clay. The most expensive I've ever bought has been like 20 bucks...a Nibo. Although since I've had it it's been far less reliable than the 2.00 Ronson I had. And I'm using Vector Quintiplus.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought one like this and it petered out on me w/ in a week. :hanghead:
Hope you have better luck than I.
I have 3, and no problems (other than the small size of the fuel tank). If it's a Xikar, it has a lifetime warranty and excellent customer service, so just send it back.

Quality control on these seem pretty good. If your Xikar dies after a week, my guess is that it's the fuel you are using and/or your fueling technique, not the lighter. Stick with fuel that is filtered at least 3X and preferably 5X and follow the directions in the various discussion threads, and your Xikar (and most other lighters) should be trouble-free for a long time.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No issues with the Xikar lighter to date. Registered online and they sent me a leather pouch to keep it from getting scratched up while in my pocket. Only 2 problems so far:
:wifey: gave me hell when the leater pouch and letter came in the mail thanking me for my purchase
Have to refill about every 3 days. I smoke ~2 cigars a day but I also have a habit of pulling it out and playing with it...that didn't sound right... i have a habit of playing with my lighter.

Still love this ligter- we'll see in 6 months.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This lighter still going strong. The flame adjustment wheel fell off a few months back. Emailed Xikar to see if I can get a new wheel, they told me to send it in and they would replace the lighter. Can't make myself go 2 weeks without it, so I stole a wheel off of one of my 3 Colibri's, not a perfect fit, but I have made it work. Maybe one of these days I'll send it in.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nice lighter, perhaps if I am good... my wife will pick that up for me to match the cutter she gave me on Valentine's Day.

slipup

Slip
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This lighter still going strong. The flame adjustment wheel fell off a few months back. Emailed Xikar to see if I can get a new wheel, they told me to send it in and they would replace the lighter. Can't make myself go 2 weeks without it, so I stole a wheel off of one of my 3 Colibri's, not a perfect fit, but I have made it work. Maybe one of these days I'll send it in.
I had the same problem. I super-glued it on and haven't had that problem since.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have one of the Exodus lighters and I love it. I have two Colibri lighters and they aren't anywhere near worth what they charge for the damn things. My Vortex is 4 years old now and one in five to seven attempts it actually lights. I also have a Trifecta and that thing is hit and miss. Sometimes it works great sometimes it sucks balls, normally it sucks though. The Xikar lights every time I click it plus the fuel adjustment is way easier to use.