What's new

XM & Sirrius

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
A buddy has XM that he moves from car to car. He found that when he parks in the garage the signal even works in the house.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I had a in dash XM unit in my last truck and I loved it. I don't care for NBA and as far as NFL I am usu at home when the game I want it on. XM has MLB which I would listen to game during the summer while I was driving from state to state. I got my ESPN rodio shows in the AM and my Rock in the afternoon. IMHO

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
XM - Better live recordings in studio, O&A, Ron & Fez, NO STERN!, Better equipment (Pioneer Inno), I luv no annoying local car commercials or crazy mattress king deals!!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've got XM with my Directv, which is only the music channels. I've got Sirius in my truck(Sportster) and the sound quality is excellent, but then again that's not hard to do over brodcast radio.

As far as music content goes I think I would be happier if I had XM in my truck. I had heard before and really belive it to be true now, that as far as music goes, Sirius is more geared to a younger audience and XM is geared more to what an older audience would enjoy. I know that there are a lot more channels that I like to listen to on XM than there are on Sirius. You do have to take into consideration though all of the Talk, Comedy, News, Sports, etc.. that each offers if that is truly important to you before you make a final decision.

Either way you go though, I think you will quicly decide that it was money well spent.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got Sirius mainly cause NASCAR was came aboard this year. I now have a hard time listening to regular radio. I thin they have a good channel line up as well.

I bought the Sportster Replay, with a home kit and I bring it from car into my house.

The only problem now is how to mount it in my new car, its only been 2 days but I really miss it already.

Best advise is to get something with a docking station, not with a ton of plugs coming into it. They are a pain to unplug and plug back in every time you want to move it. Look at the channel line up both offer and see what you prefer. There are several forums to discuss each one, it might not be a bad idea to google them and read some of the posts.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
My boss has Sirius and I always love listening to it. I agree, the channels seem like they're more for younger people, though there is a wide array of channels that anyone can love. You best bet would be to sign up for a free trial on their sites and listen to the music yourself.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That's a good idea Cliff

Mike, you can sign up online, listen to what they have. I think that would be best so you can see the content that they offer.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
XM radio offers ACC action from Basketball to Football. I love that and can listen to my Duke basketball and football games. Really neat when they play at home I get the Duke annoucers calling the game.