What's new

Yard Gar, Budget Stick, Car Gar

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I know everyone has their favorite Premium(s) and Super Premium(s) that's their go to. I, unfortunately, cannot afford to have that really good stick everyday or even more than once or twice a week. Many times I find myself looking for that stick that is in the $3.00 range (New York Pricing) for mowing the lawn, In the car while in traffic for an hour or whenever I find myself with a bit of time to get a smoke in. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there in similar situations.
The purpose of this thread, for me, is to get some good smokes for a budget price and see what everyone else may have been smoking and enjoying. You can come back with the Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

I, myself, have had a few good budget smokes that I consider buying and smoking again and would not feel bad about passing on:

The Good:
Perdomo Fresco maduro
Don Lino
Alec Bradley 90+ rated seconds
Easy Five (Alec Bradley seconds packaged in a fiver for B&M's) Had a robusto maduro box pressed. Really enjoyed
Nestor Miranda Holguin belicoso
Schizo

The Bad:
Casa De Garcia Nicaragua
Special Jamaican
Arghanese

If there are any "Just OK" sticks you want to list, go for it.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
diesel unholy cocktail is a pretty good yard gard IMO.. Ive been burning through quite a bit of those again lately..

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I actually found one in rather enjoy. Its the Cult "Blood Moon Red." I think $14 for a five pack. I buy those when I get a chance.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I was very pleasantly surprised by Final Blend. But, I also rather enjoy Brazilian maduro wrappers.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I was very pleasantly surprised by Final Blend. But, I also rather enjoy Brazilian maduro wrappers.
Did you end up snagging a box? I've got a few more toros in the humi...

KK33
Not yet. I went on a wild Oliva and Illusione shopping spree pretty recently. After I sell some of that off, I'll be snagging a box. Possibly two.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My go to cheapo is the schizo. But I recently had Cigar King brand aged reserve in Churchill. Its was just a simple stick but not bad at all. A box of 25 is like 66 $ which is like 2.60ish a stick. Hit up a local store and try their house blend. Sometimes they can be good. And are usually cheap.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I like 5 Vegas and Pinar Del Rio's are my go to for yard gars. I picked up a variety bundle for $40 each.

My local B&M's house cigar is 7-20-4

Heath

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Another 5 Vegas as a great cheap go too, NYS tobacco tax is insane! Only way to get away cheap is order online.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Why the cheap cigars in the car? I love to smoke a great cigar while driving, actually, thats the last place I'm going to reach for a 'just getting by' cigar.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The following cigars are pretty reliable for me in the $4 and under catagory:
Illusione R
PDR Oscuro
Quintero
Jose L Piedra
Tatuaje PCR
Ramon Bueso Genesis
Perdomo Oba Oba Maduro