What's new

- Yesterday's Great Cigars -

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
MCs don't taste as good to me as they did in the 70's-80's. That said, I'm enjoying la Flor Dominicanas and Torano Ex/ 50yrs. and all things Oliva!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I smoke a lot of Paul Garmarians back in the 90's. Still out there but haven't smoked one in years. Anybody had one recently?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I too love the CAO Brazillia...though it's not much of a yesterday smoke for me since the first one I had was last year, haha. I do like Cuba Aliados and I used to smoke a lot of them back in the 90s. Gonna have to pick up some soon I think!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
+1 on the old Padilla 32's. The last one I smoked was about 2 months ago and it was truly memorable. I think I only have 1 or 2 left. Great call by Cigary43.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both great suggestions! Tat Noellas and cazzies seemed to be starting to be forgotten here. Still light em up when I'm in the mood for a good NC. Also some of Dion's original lines the 68 and 888 are delicious to me to this day.
I bought a box of those ~ 68's ~ untested. Found them really harsh and no where near balanced. Tried them a few months later - harsh. 9 months later... you guessed it, harsh. Started to give them away.

A year + on, I gave one a smoke as it was cold and I didn't expect to finish anything I lit. Heaven!! I nubbed the thing in spite of the cold.

I think I have ten left. If they continue to smoke this well... I might buy another box to sit on for a year or three.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hoyo de Monterrey White Label are still one of my favorite cigars. Hard to find them in the shops anymore, but for the money (right around $5 a stick) they were incredible.

Also, Padilla's hold a strong place in my heart.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I've always loved the NC Punch and Partagas. They're not always the first thing on my mind when I'm trying to decide what to smoke, but they're consistent and reliable, and they never disappoint me.

I also smoke a lot of Diesel Unholy Cocktails - great sticks, but it seems like you just don't hear much about them.

ETA - While they're not the fanciest thing out there, the Torano Noventa has been a solid go-to smoke for me lately, and you never hear anything about them except from CI when they're selling them cheap. Very underrated smokes.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its been mentioned a few times already but can't understand why CAO isn't talked about more. They make quite a few really good sticks at good prices. The MX2 is such a nice smoke for 4 or 5 bucks a piece.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Ive taken it for granted that Padrons are always there (and they usually are) but I can't remember the last time the non-anniversary lines were talked about. Ive started to rediscover those again and they are great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the occasional Punch, actual the first cigar I smoked seriously. Still generally a good quality, fairly priced medium body cigar