What's new

You can buy cigars on eBay?

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
FWIW First box i ever bought came off of Ebay. It was a box of 07 Anejo 50's.
They were listed at a higher price, I pm'd the guy asking if he would accept 300
and he agreed. That was even before i found this site. I've seen some things go
for crazy prices on there. You can usually see sealed boxes, and know what you're
getting. JMO

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know folks are clamoring for these but they are in stock at a lot of places for less than 22 bucks a tin. With shipping it would've been less than this. The folks on eBay are probably getting them by the box of seven tins from one of the big three, which comes out to be 21.70 a tin with free shipping and then putting them on eBay.
Man, I'd love to know what online stores you're referring to because I checked all the sites I usually buy from and they were all out of stock if you wanted to buy just one tin (the one B&M in my city does not have them, either). I did find one site that was selling a box of seven tins (and certainly, the per-tin price came out to somewhat less than I paid for mine, as you noted), but I don't want that many-- I just want to try a few!

The bottom line for me was that when I saw these going for almost $50 a tin on cbid, with cbid (and Cigars International) being one of my primary go-to places for reasonable prices on samplers and five-packs (I rarely buy full boxes), I was more than happy to pull the trigger with this eBay seller. If what he sends me is shite, I'll eat my words, and I will accept being told "I told you so" with as much repetition as is deemed adequate!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I know folks are clamoring for these but they are in stock at a lot of places for less than 22 bucks a tin. With shipping it would've been less than this. The folks on eBay are probably getting them by the box of seven tins from one of the big three, which comes out to be 21.70 a tin with free shipping and then putting them on eBay.
Man, I'd love to know what online stores you're referring to because I checked all the sites I usually buy from and they were all out of stock if you wanted to buy just one tin (the one B&M in my city does not have them, either). I did find one site that was selling a box of seven tins (and certainly, the per-tin price came out to somewhat less than I paid for mine, as you noted), but I don't want that many-- I just want to try a few!

The bottom line for me was that when I saw these going for almost $50 a tin on cbid, with cbid (and Cigars International) being one of my primary go-to places for reasonable prices on samplers and five-packs (I rarely buy full boxes), I was more than happy to pull the trigger with this eBay seller. If what he sends me is shite, I'll eat my words, and I will accept being told "I told you so" with as much repetition as is deemed adequate!
These are in stock at cigar.com at $21.95 for a tin of 4 ......bought 2 tins myself last week. $49.85 (total) with shipping.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1396

cigar.com also had a daily deal on Friday for 10 of them at $49.95 with free shipping.

Auction sites (including cbid) are great places to find stuff but you have to be careful. People get caught up in the moment and end up paying way more than they should. I say this from experience because I have been guilty of it in the past. I use cbid quite frequently but am always careful now to check out MSRP and validate against several other sites before I place a bid. As far as ebay for cigars, I'm sure that there are some good deals to be found but there are also quite a few potential land mines that can be stepped on. For my money, the best advice for buying cigars on ebay is Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0

These are in stock at cigar.com at $21.95 for a tin of 4 ......bought 2 tins myself last week. $49.85 (total) with shipping.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1396

cigar.com also had a daily deal on Friday for 10 of them at $49.95 with free shipping.

Auction sites (including cbid) are great places to find stuff but you have to be careful. People get caught up in the moment and end up paying way more than they should. I say this from experience because I have been guilty of it in the past. I use cbid quite frequently but am always careful now to check out MSRP and validate against several other sites before I place a bid. As far as ebay for cigars, I'm sure that there are some good deals to be found but there are also quite a few potential land mines that can be stepped on. For my money, the best advice for buying cigars on ebay is Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).
There you go. Thanks, Rupe!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
With the collection of BOTL supporting vendors we have here, I can't see any reason I'd ever buy cigars from an unknown source such as ebay. Even if it's a few dollars more (which it usually isn't), you always know you're going to get quality product, fast and secure shipping, and top level service in case there are any issues.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got my Papas Fritas from the eBay guy and they were exactly as described-- factory-sealed tin containing four beautiful little cigars-- so no complaints. That said, certainly, I wish I'd known about the Cigar.com deal-- I would have saved three bucks. Then again, I spent a lot of time surfing the online stores sites I usually frequent (I've never ordered from Cigars.com before) and was confronted over and over with those awful three words - "out of stock." Maybe a three buck premium was worth the time saved in not having to continue to scour the interwebs for a better deal? In any event, it was a good experience... this time. (And I've created an account with Cigar.com!)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just saw a box of Liga A's go for $110+ on Ebay.... some people are really desperate for Unicos...

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
With the collection of BOTL supporting vendors we have here, I can't see any reason I'd ever buy cigars from an unknown source such as ebay. Even if it's a few dollars more (which it usually isn't), you always know you're going to get quality product, fast and secure shipping, and top level service in case there are any issues.
Amen to this ^