What's new

You Can Quote Me On This And Sticky It

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Well I figured someone would come up with this reply, so I had this in mind. Now there's 32 teams in the NFL, well, 31 if you don't count the Lions and quite frankly, really, are the Lions a threat to anyone? So with that in mind, the Packers have a 1 in 32 chance of making it to the Super Bowl just by numbers alone. So the odds are quite long to begin with, so Joe, if you want to give me 4-1, I'll take that bet. The Packers don't make the Super Bowl, I owe you a fiver, the Packers do make the Super Bowl, you owe me 20...still wanna wager? :thumbsup:
If it's thier destiny and you are so sure they will make should be no need for odds. So what your saying is now your not so sure! I don't nlame ya, the packers are awful! :rolling:

cigarguy71

BIG JIM
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I am still not sold on the Pack lets wait and see them play a good team not the Browns. And remember the Vike's kicked are but last year and they didn't even have a QB. And we always have problems with the Bears. So with that said i can not say which of these 3 teams will win are Division. I am much more confident picking who will come in last in are Division.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I don't have internet for some days; at an internet cafe right now to send some homework things only.

Now...what are the conditions and ye might get me interested in something.
If you really think your team is going to the SB, then we can make a little wager that your team will not make it father than mine.

I'll put up a box of Opus "X" 22. and you put up something.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The Packers will be in the Super Bowl this year! Damn they played well last night.
The Lions went 4-0 in preseason last year and we all know how well the rest of the season went for them ... :nodlaugh:

I can (almost) guarantee that no team from the NFC North will be in the next Superbowl.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I just can't wait for the Vikings and Packers game, it will be crazy with Favre in Purple. The first one will be in the dome on a Monday. Packers fans will get to watch as Favre tears thier team apart.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
That's not even close. It's just that you don't go to the enemy. Some lines you just don't cross. And don't give me "it's a business" bullshit, some lines you just don't cross.
I don't believe that at all anymore. Sure, during the games it's team vs team / player vs player. And there are certainly a small % of players that have a deep sense of loyalty.

But IMO, ever since yearly salaries in baseball, football and basketball hit 7 figures, for the vast majority of players, the game is simply about money.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I don't believe that at all anymore. Sure, during the games it's team vs team / player vs player. And there are certainly a small % of players that have a deep sense of loyalty.

But IMO, ever since yearly salaries in baseball, football and basketball hit 7 figures, for the vast majority of players, the game is simply about money.
I can understand that Ted, but if you'd have lived in Green Bay for the last 16 years, and seen the interviews and the things he said about wanting to retire a Packer. Gone through the rehab and have the community back him the way he did, listen to him talk about his desire to beat the Vikings, bad. You'd understand why this is just wrong on so many levels.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
That's not even close. It's just that you don't go to the enemy. Some lines you just don't cross. And don't give me "it's a business" bullshit, some lines you just don't cross.
Spoken like a true fan. The truth is that it is business, except in Favre's case. I think he came back for two reasons.

1st and maybe the most important. He did not want to go out like he did last year. Alot of people think the way he faded at the end of the season damaged his legacy. I think they way he can't walk away will do more to tarnish it than the way he finished last season.

2nd and maybe the funniest. He feels slighted by the Packers for pushing him aside (again what the Packers did was all business, and I understand why they did what they did).

For all of you who think it is all about the money, just remember that they offered Brett somewhere in the neighborhood of 20+ Million to stay retired before last season.

I think he has become the biggest premadona (?) is all of sports, and every time he speaks all I can do is wonder if he really believes the crap that he is selling. I also think he realizes that Manning is not only right on his heals, but also putting up numbers at a better pace than he did to break all of the records he holds.

Just my $.02

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I can understand that Ted, but if you'd have lived in Green Bay for the last 16 years, and seen the interviews and the things he said about wanting to retire a Packer. Gone through the rehab and have the community back him the way he did, listen to him talk about his desire to beat the Vikings, bad. You'd understand why this is just wrong on so many levels.
I think Brett would have retired a Packer if they had let him but the organization pushed him out. This is his little way of telling them to pound sand. I always liked Favre even when he was on the Packers (loved to hate him!) and I already bought my purple Jersey. I just love that this mortifies a lot of Packers fans. Look at it this way, if someone offered you $10 million a year to play would you give a damn where you played?