What's new

You guys decide...

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
So.... as my stash grows my storage shrinks and it's time to upgrade. I'm looking for a humi that can hold ~250 sticks. Not too easy to come by but Ive found a couple. Being the holiday season, extra cash is scarce so my budget is ~$100. After a lot of searching, these are the 2 best deals I've found. Any help deciding between the two would be greatly appreciated... as would other suggestions.

1) http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-300GR.html

2) http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/LUCKY-7-HUMIDOR/66631.uts?cm_vc=10563

Thanks brothers and sisters!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Total waste of your money... Get a cooler and some beads and throw some boxes in there for aging!!! Those big humis actually suck IMHO! I had one and it was a mistake never kept humidity and was more trouble every winter.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I too am slowly outgrowing my storage and have been tempted with a viotemp...

I like the thompson out of the two despite what I have heard about the company. (I have never ordered from them personally) I only see 6 drawers though and I wish they would show more pictures of the inside espcially the humidification devices. I am assuming it has a magnetic door seal. :chat: seems like a good price though for one of that size.

My concern with coolidor's is that they seem to be airtight? don't cigars need some circulation or is this accomplished by opening it now and then to grab some smokes? :ccowboy:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I spent a good six years ruining cigars thinking cheap humidors fit the bill...thank god I saw the light. Value your smokes as much as the humidor...

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I love my coolidors! Guess what the only problem is? for some reason I am still running out of space!!!. I have a 150 qt, a 50qt and a 48qt(at work) a 100 ct humi on the desk and 4 cigars jars. I still need more space, the damn cigars must be procreating!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Thanks guys!

I was just discussing this with a good friend of mine last night!
Off to walmart I go! :grin:

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Brother man. Save your money and buy an Avallo. Until you have enough money, make a coolidor. You can't go wrong and will have lots more money in your pocket. Just mho

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I like having a couple of singles desk tops. I have three; two that hold 300 or so and one that hold 200. These are top quality, hand made and not imported junk. For boxes, cooledors till the big humi is finished.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Thanks again for all the advice guys.

The only question now is... igloodor or coolidor?
Igloodor looks like it would be hard to move but I like the setup.

CheapHumidors

Your resident HumiDork
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.coolidor.com
www.igloodor.com

i would not go with either of those humis. proper humidification will be an issue
Hey Ron,

Just curious what you mean by proper humidification will be an issue? Both of those humidors are well built and are used by tens of thousands of people to great effect. Also, there's a great deal of aesthetics that goes in to many people's choice of humidors.

Took a look at your site, looks nice! Looks like you've got a great operation going on!