What's new

You won't believe what happened yesterday (or maybe you will)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I believe it. My son and I went into a huge B&M over in the San Fernando Vally, outside of LA located on Ventura Ave whose last name is warehouse.

We were looking through the boxes and I pulled out a stick riddled with holes. I pulled down the box and there was sawdust everywhere so I took it up to the guy who we asssumed was the owner. He looked at the one stick in my hand and said.."Too abd but at least it is only that one stick." Then he put the box back on the shelf.

Bye, bye. Never went back.

Last edited:

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
as i don't know how these work, and some of you guys that work at stores would know. if you get in a box that has an obvious problem, does the manufacturer stand good for it if you let them know immediately?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
as i don't know how these work, and some of you guys that work at stores would know. if you get in a box that has an obvious problem, does the manufacturer stand good for it if you let them know immediately?
If you bought it at a B&M march right back and get your money returned. It may not be the manufacturer but how it was kept. ALL cigar has cigar beetle eggs. Whether they hatch or not depends on how they are stored or were treated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this talk about beetles scares me. I really don't want to have to deal with those little bastards!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all,
I had a similar thing happen this weekend but with a little better ending. I went to the mall with the wife and daughter this past sunday during a snowstorm to kill some time and hang out without the crowds. I noticed the local tobacco/cigar shop was going out of business. Every stick was 70% off. I grabbed 8 or 10 Ashton VSG Spellbounds and RAN up to the counter. Now, understand the walk in humidor was a balmy 38 degrees so they clearly could care less about the remainder of cigars they had left. The gal took the sticks from me and as she's ringing them up, stopped abruptly and said oh oh, beetles. There were only 2 sticks with holes but i oviously didnt want the rest. Went back into the humidor and found an open box of Ashton VSG Sorcerer and VSG Illusion that appeared bug free. Grabbed 6 Sorceres, 3 Illusions and went back the next day for another 6 VSG's and Hertitage's as well as 5 Diamond Crown Maximus (5 Toro's/1 Pyramid)...i bought 21 sticks with a retail value of $210 and they threw in 6 Connoisseu Humi-pouches and i bought a Xikar 100ct humidifier and the gal gave me 80% off all cigars because of the inconvenience about the beetles...i paid $46!!! Now, none of these sticks will probably ever see my humidor but if i can re-humidify them and keep them separate, i might have gotten the deal of the year so far for 2009. I think we're going back on Sun as that is the last day they are open for business. I honestly dont know if they can be brought back to life but for the measly $43, i thought it was most definately worth the chance! I just checked out the Diamond Crown Maximus and not only are these in perfect shape, the cello actually kept them relatively humidified. They had SEVERAL boxes of these though i've never had one.

Jay

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got another cigar atrocity story for you...Theres a small cigar shop (and I am being generous) in a town called Covington,Ga. near my office and on the next next shelf to the top there are atleast 10 boxes of Padron 1964's...various sizes....full boxes....and they all have beetle holes....the shop has them priced from 18-25 bucks a piece, which is not great but I have seen higher....however they are in terrible shape...it was all I could do not to crawl into the fetal position and cry like a baby....such a gross assalt on all things wonderful

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey y'all,
I had a similar thing happen this weekend but with a little better ending. I went to the mall with the wife and daughter this past sunday during a snowstorm to kill some time and hang out without the crowds. I noticed the local tobacco/cigar shop was going out of business. Every stick was 70% off. I grabbed 8 or 10 Ashton VSG Spellbounds and RAN up to the counter. Now, understand the walk in humidor was a balmy 38 degrees so they clearly could care less about the remainder of cigars they had left. The gal took the sticks from me and as she's ringing them up, stopped abruptly and said oh oh, beetles. There were only 2 sticks with holes but i oviously didnt want the rest. Went back into the humidor and found an open box of Ashton VSG Sorcerer and VSG Illusion that appeared bug free. Grabbed 6 Sorceres, 3 Illusions and went back the next day for another 6 VSG's and Hertitage's as well as 5 Diamond Crown Maximus (5 Toro's/1 Pyramid)...i bought 21 sticks with a retail value of $210 and they threw in 6 Connoisseu Humi-pouches and i bought a Xikar 100ct humidifier and the gal gave me 80% off all cigars because of the inconvenience about the beetles...i paid $46!!! Now, none of these sticks will probably ever see my humidor but if i can re-humidify them and keep them separate, i might have gotten the deal of the year so far for 2009. I think we're going back on Sun as that is the last day they are open for business. I honestly dont know if they can be brought back to life but for the measly $43, i thought it was most definately worth the chance! I just checked out the Diamond Crown Maximus and not only are these in perfect shape, the cello actually kept them relatively humidified. They had SEVERAL boxes of these though i've never had one.

Jay
No doubt they'll save, Jay. Just repeat the freezing process that was described earlier in this thread. After that, I'd probably isolate the cigars in a piece of tupperware with a humidipack or water pillow.
Assuming they weren't completely trashed before, they'll be smokeable in no time.:applause: