What's new

younger generation question

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
it seems to me that there are tons of pics on various social forums of young girls kissing and fondling other girls. Is this the norm for today? reason i am asking is my wife saw a picture of a friends daughter on facebook. what up with this stuff?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
not that there is anything wrong with it, just my wife is upset.. she wants to tell her friend about it. I said dont.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
never good when adults are looking at kids facebook pages.(unless it's your own kids....)
that being said, i've always thought i had some lesbian tendencies......

rhutch

Ryan
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Drunk girls like attention.
he's exactly right. it is young girls that are drunk often times like attention from the boys and know that the boys like it when they touch each other or kiss each other. the reason being is that the boys aren't as brave to be the ones to fondle or kiss the girls and so they let the girls do it.

it's a phase that usually happens in college, but high school girls are catching on too. it's all about the attention, whether drunk or not.

Definitely NOT a good idea to mention it to the parents. Kids will be kids, and kids will rebel further if reprimanded for their actions.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It could also be there is genuine affection there? Nothing wrong with that at all. But of course if it is being posted online, I feel it is most likely a ploy for attention.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
my wife is helping this girl with her career. the girl invited my wife over to her facebook page to look at other photos of a vacation. my wife is just concerned for her career.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ron,
I work at a University, I see this type of thing all the time... We like to express to our students that these types of things are forever... When we have been hiring people you bet we search them out on the internet, facebook/myspace/etc, to see what kind of person they really are... We also conduct background checks.

Maybe your wife should explain her concern with the young girl, remind her the Internet is forever... Just because she removes the pictures at some point does not mean they are ever gone....

my wife is helping this girl with her career. the girl invited my wife over to her facebook page to look at other photos of a vacation. my wife is just concerned for her career.

rhutch

Ryan
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
facebook and any networking site CAN be quite detrimental to ones career, so if that's your wife's concern...she should definitely say something. But she should say something to the girl, not the parents. Just say hey, in this day and age, colleges and employers are ALL looking at your facebooks now because they want to get a sense of who you are. If you have anything provocative or risque on their, they might have to think twice about you.

I've known several people that were hurt in some way by their pictures on facebook.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
she has approached the girl, and the pic has been removed.

question is does a parent have the right to know

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I know of a few friends who lost good job because of pics on facebook and other sites. almost all places now search the networking sites for stuff just like that. Do we really want our next brain surgeon to be shown blitzed on the weekend?

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
she has approached the girl, and the pic has been removed.

question is does a parent have the right to know

Ron, if the girl is under age I think her parents have a right to know. If it were my daughter, I would want to know and thank the other parents for watching out for my daughter and letting me know. The problem is you don’t know how some people will react but if they are reasonable, they will be appreciative and hopefully talk to their daughter and make her understand why it’s inappropriate rather than just punishing her.
If the girl is a young adult which I think may be the case because you wife is helping her with her career and she removed the picture because she realized the ramifications it could have once approached by your wife, then telling the parents may not be necessary. Again I think it depends on the age.
Good luck with you decision.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
If the girl is a minor and still living under the parents roof then maybe they have a right to know. If the girl is not a minor and/or on her own then it should be up to her to tell her parents about it if she wants to. At that point she is an adult and should be allowed to make those decisions for herself.