What's new

Your best/favorite features for a cigar lounge?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Thats a non issue at my old lounge...

you pay $200 a year to be a lounge member... $250 a year if you want a locker...

what you smoke and what you store in your locker is your business.. no one at the shop cares... you paid your lounge fee.. thats what pays for the comfy chair, the owners rent, staff, utilities, etc..

He gets the added benefit of about 400 people (roughly the number of members at my old lounge) that are in his shop on a regular basis, that buy beer, sodas, etc.. and as often as not, buy cigars from him too (although not a requirement)..

What I got got $250 a year was a very nice place to smoke, filled with people that are cigar enthusiasts, a wi-fi connection, a couple of big screens, and access to "lounge exclusives" and lounge member discounts (we got 10% off all purchases in the shop, and 15% off of box purchases, etc..etc..)..

seemed like a pretty fair trade to me..

It would have pissed me off if they tried to charge me a cutting fee in addition to my membership fee...
I'd pay much more than that to have the same benefits here.

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Its amazing. I am not a member for it is a few hours from where I live. However when I am in the area I know members and they let me in. They have a whole guest sign in procedure that includes photo and print scan.
Just out of curiosity and no means to derail this thread, do you know what the membership fee for that place is? I'm honestly just very curious.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The best comfy leather chairs you can get. Ours is a "monte cristo" lounge, but the mc leather chairs are stiff and uncomfortable. Thankfully, they have non logo'ed chairs which our amazing.
A conference table is huge for the card playing community.
A discount for members.
Warm , atmosphere. This is huge imo, lots of beige and brown colors.

Im personally kind of against the bring your cigars from home. However, for everyone I bring from home, I buy one there to make up for it. I understand the paying the lounge fee thing, but if b&m's allowed members to never buy a cigar from them, they'd probably go out of business.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Proper lighting (dimmer the better), ventilation, comfortable chairs, abundance of varied ashtrays (hate those ones where 3” of cigar rests on the porcelain, yuck, and what wasatch said about seating. Sometimes I don't wanna be close to ppl and forced to have convos. As far as fees, offer a monthly and a discounted yearly. A restaurant by me offers the option of a 10$ cutting fee or smoke for free if you buy a cigar. (I'd rather buy a julius caesar for 12$ and smoke my own than pay to just smoke my own, and the 10$ is fair for all the damn cigarette smokers stinkin up the place)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A place that i visit, but have no membership to, has the lounge separated from the public humi/area. To enter the lounge , you may enter through the public area or from outside/parking using a private door with a RFID card. Every member is issued a RFID Card that grants them access into the lounge. No card = no access unless your someones guest.